Belews Lake This Weekend

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by jstutz, Jan 30, 2009.

1. jstutz

jstutz New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Im going channel catting this weekend on belews. usually around this time of year i stay near the HH. i was wondering if anyone has had any luck other places like piney bluff or 158 ect. I live next to 158 so if they are there i wouldnt mind trying to find them. i have been down there a few time this winter and it seems like i do better over by the dam. i have been using shrimp and small chuncks of garlic soaked hotdogs. that seems to do okay. Any information would be appriciated. Thanks

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Can't help ya. Wrong area for me. Welcome to the BOC.

3. 07_hemi_thunderroad

07_hemi_thunderroad New Member

State:
    north caro
    good luck out there! i hope you caught something!

4. jstutz

jstutz New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well saturday did not go so well for me. I got to the lake about 6pm. I started on 158. i threw two cat rods out then walked the rock beds for about 1.5 hours trying various bass baits. Mostly i was trying plastic worms. Well i got nothing so i packed up and went to piney bluff. I threw two cat rods out loaded with pieces of shrimp. i thought it was going to be a good night for bass as i could see fish breaking the water all over the place. Well after three hours of watching fish jump everywhere and not catching anything i gave up. the fish seem to be pretty big fish jumping but i could not get any of them interested in what i had to offer. I tried again worms of various colors and a few top water lures. i have no idea what the fish were that were jumping everywhere but if you could figure out what they want you could probably have a heck of a night of fishing. Anyway im going back Sunday from about noon till dark. ill probably hit areas closer the the HH as i have had pretty good luck there in the recent past.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I would check in your State and post there. You may get your post answered sooner brother. And let me welcome you to the BOC.:wink:

6. jstutz

jstutz New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    okay, thanks