Belews Creek helping advice.

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Toler, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Toler

Toler New Member

State:
    nORTH CAROLINA
    first year fishing belews and looking for a helping hand. have tried my luck and have only caught a few small cats. between highway 65 and 158 at the old rail road crossing.
    pointers locations rigs
    any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hey brother, I don't know anything about your area, but this post will bump yours to the top of the list!

Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

3. Toler

Toler New Member

State:
    nORTH CAROLINA
    Alright thanks.

4. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    Most of the luck I have had at Belews Lake have been above Pine Ridge landing, past the old trestle opening and above US 158. The biggest cats that I have caught since the selenium fish kill have been in the 10 to 12 LB range. Before that we did pull some whoppers out of the lake.
    Rigs and fishing are the same there as other catfish lakes. Shad are abundant now and drifting works when the ski boats and jet skis will let you.

:angry:

5. Toler

Toler New Member

State:
    nORTH CAROLINA
    Alright. thanks i will try my luck over their next time i go out to the lake. Could anyone explain where the "hothole" is?

6. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    If you go form Humprey's Ridge landing, Make a left and go up the lake. Across the lake and to the right you will see what looks like a small river entering the lake. It has lighted floating booms across it, you can miss it. Coming under those booms is a STIFF current, and HOT water. I have measured 85' depths there so it is DEEP.
    Funny though I see folks fishing there but I never have much luck there.

:confused2:

7. gatecitycattin

gatecitycattin New Member

State:
    nc
    try fishing by the buoy out in the middle by the dam. there is a hump there that drops off. I have caught a lot of small channels at that spot if you want to try there.

8. Toler

Toler New Member

State:
    nORTH CAROLINA
    Alright, next time i get a chance to get to the lake i wil give it a try.

9. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    Most of the action I have gotten at Belews in recent years is at the upper end of the lake where the creeks enter the lake. The water is cooler there and the food is washed down stream I guess. If you go to the left from Pine Ridge Landing that channel is often quite productive. Also above US 158 produces some decent channel cats.