Being on duty cost me my personal best?!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Flatheadhunter33, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Please excuse me every one but I must vent just a little here. Being on duty(post) really bites the big one! Any of the Marines (or military for that matter) in the BOC can attest to that statement. For some reason I always end up pulling weekend duties...I guess it doesnt pay to get on the Sargeant Major's crap list LOL! Anyhow, last night I decided not to go out flat hunting because I knew I would have to get up this morning to report in and stay awake for this 24 hour post, so instead I opted for dinner at my bro-in-law's and some early shut-eye. Well my buddies all whent out without my son and I. At approx 11:30, my buddy Chris calls me to tell me that he had just got done fighting and landing a 35 lb flattie! Usually when we go out, I have the better luck and end up with the nicest catch. It is for this reason I have had the distinct honor for two months now of being called the "Fishing Master"; by the rest of the group (as per our agreement which simply states that "he who catches the biggest is the master"). Well not only does he catch MY fish but he also felt compelled to inform me that he is now the master and insisted that I call him that over the phone last night. Try to imagine the look I was getting from my wife as I relented to calling someone on the other end of the phone Master so late at night! LMAO! The game is most definatly on now. I have to top that catch and get my title back! I have a feeling that I will be calling him master for quite time though...

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dameon,

I can hear you.. I worked 16 years of swing shift and the next 16 years on 24 hour call, with every 3rd weekend on call. Didn't count 4 years in the AF.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Buddy there will be bigger fish waiting for ya when you get time. Thanks for all you do for our great country. God Bless ya brother.

4. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Tell your buddy thank you for getting that little one out of your way.

5. hoosier angler

hoosier angler New Member

State:
    Arizona
    It's good to be King!!!!! Don't worry you will reign again and it will even be better than before. By the way I appriciate all of our men and women in uniform and the sacrifices you all have made. God Bless you all.

6. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i wish i could be as optimistic as the other ones before me but you screwed up man just fun'n ya youll get a bigger one, i dont think i would of called him master without seeing a pic first any one can say they cought a 35lbr but proof is in the pudd'n pics dont lie!

7. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I work nights every other week and weekend so it kills me when my buddies are out and I'm not! I will get phone calls for every big fish caught. My only pay back is I am out alot more than most of them but its just those nights I am not with that kill me! :lol:

8. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    He claims to have pictures of the fish. I believe em though. I know he wouldnt lie about something like that....would he? LOL!

9. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well...I dont think that I will be getting my title back anytime soon LMAO! My buddy whent back out to the same spot Saturday nightwhile I was on duty and caught a few more flatties including a 24 lb'er. I saw the pics of both it and the 35 lb'er from friday night. I think I should introduce a clause in our fishing partnership that stipulates that neither of us can go to "our spot" without the other LOL!Anyhow, both fish were released to fight again so I plan to go get em soon!