Bein thankful for what you have

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Oct 4, 2006.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    yesterday and today and quite possibly tommorow as welli have worked at a house that has two handicapped teens a boy 17 and a girl 18 .
    both are wheelchair bound and the boy is said to not have much time left.
    his sister was not thought to have lived past 15 .
    she actually sits in her wheel chair and looks out the front window
    and there is a keyboard in front of her that she will ocasionally peck on
    once in a while .
    her their aunt is careing for them has since birth she says their mother is a crack addict and she rarely comes around.
    i was putting plastic up at her request to seal the draft out at the windows and the last one was in the living room where the little girls sits and looks out at the world in front of her house.
    i said are you sure you want this window sealed ?
    i said it looks like she enjoys looking out of it and the plastic will distort her view. her aunt said she didnt care she was more concerned of their warmth . but actually before i could get to the window she changed her
    mind and said that window would be ok the way it was.:smile2:

i have heard them both trying to talk and moaning and it made me sad
    and also made me admire the aunt that goes through cleaning feeding and tending them day in and day out .
    it takes one heck of a big hearted person to sacrifice their own comfort
    and life to make a less fortunate person have a better life.
    i am so thankful our son was a miracle and beat the odds .being born 2 months premature he was liable to have severe problems too.

thank you father

2. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    DRC, thanks for sharing this. It is reading or seeing things like this that
    makes me thankful for the things that I have rather than feel sorry for myself for the things I don't have.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for the post.

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thank You DCR for Shareing That story with us. You Sir. are a good and kind Man and One that I am Proud to Know!!! There are so Many good things And People out there if we would just take the time to look, and those childrens aunt is A Hero in this mans book and so are You for thinking about this young Ladys Best intrests and the Joy She gets from looking out her front window. God Bless You and your family and Also those two Children and there Wonderful Aunt!! Your friend J.D.

5. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    We all have many things to be thankful for if we will just take the time to think about it. Life could be worse at any given turn. As humans we often forget just how blessed we really are, until we see someone in worse shape then we are.

This lady you spoke of is one of the few that gives of herself freely, and for that she will be blessed...

Thanks for sharing with us..

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks for sharing that post!

7. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    great post.thanks for sharing.

8. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    We tend not to be thankful enough sometimes , great post .

9. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Excellent post...thanks for sharing...

10. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Thanks for sharing. That is a heart felt story.

11. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    When my wife was pregnant with both our kids I was always worried that something could go wrong, but with a little luck and alot of faith they popped right out healthy as an ox. Yes I think my lucky stars everyday!!!

12. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    That was a heart felt story. And it is so true of our world today. We take what we have for granted, and still complain about what we don't have. I would love to have luxury as well as anyone, but when i am having trouble making from payday to payday, as is the case often, then i just think about those that have less than i do and count my lucky stars i have a dry roof over my head and a warm, dry bed to sleep in at night, along with food in my belly! May god bless each of those young people and the lady that takes care of them.

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks DRC for a great post.

14. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the reminder, DRC ... gotta stir up that attitude of gratitude and not fall into a rut of complaining. Much appreciated on this Monday morning!

Blessings,
    Hope

15. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    That was emotional. Very heart felt. It takes alot out of the aunt I know. Thats why I cant stand drug use..Of any kind....it does and will somehow affect others.

Thanks for sharing you experiance, it was very good.

16. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks for sharing that with use prayers sent to them