Before the storm!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by 66TBONE, Sep 6, 2008.

1. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hello bros! Well i tried to get out before the rain set in friday. Put in at osbourne landing about 3pm. started raining about 5 minutes later. Stuck it out for awhile. A couple small blues, 1 good pull on a whole frozen herring, and 2 wet fisherman. Looking forward too better weather yet to come. Good luck to all and see ya on the water real soon i hope!

2. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Welcome Tom, Thanks for the report. I entertained going Fri. afternoon but took my boat to my buddies shop and worked on my night lights instead. Havent had it out on the water @ night yet but looks like they are going to be great.

3. F250SD-Baby!!

F250SD-Baby!! New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hi Tom! You're better than I am...I've sat out in the rain fishing once, I was wet, cold, and not catching anything...I decided then...since I DON'T like to be cold...that wasn't for me! On the other hand...
    I love to fish at night...out on the boat, nobody around except your fishin buddy. The occasional shout from a duck. I prefer a clear sky so I can watch for shooting stars as I am staring hopelessly at the tips of my rods.:big_smile_2: The only thing I can recommend is a can of Deep Woods OFF, or one of those OFF candle things, cuz the skeeters can get pretty bad. and those candle things...you know, the ones that look like a lantern almost, that have the little bug repellant tab you put in them?!...put off enough light, that we'll turn off the anchor light ( besides, that anchor light draws bugs honey does flies)...til someone comes putting by, of course. But that thing will "cover" everyone on our 16' boat.