BEFORE AND AFTER

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Sep 5, 2009.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    WHEN I FIRST PUT A POLE IN THE WATER I WAS 4 YRS OLD.... THAT WAS WITH MY DAD AND GP IN 1996...WE WERE FISHING A FISHERY CALLED JESTERS RANCH...

WHEN WE MOVED TO LAKE HAVASU CITY SHORTLY AFTER MY GRANDFATHER DIED IN 1999 I HAD NO CLUE DIFFERENT PLACES HAD DIFFERENT FISH!!!!

I DIDNT KNOW REELS HAD A LINE WT, I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS ANYTHING BUT SPLITSHOT FOR WEIGHTS... WHAT IM GETTING AT WAS I DIDNT KNOW MUCH ABOUT FISHING... (NITHER DID MY DAD)

I DONT KNOW HOW MANY OUT THERE CAN SAY THIS BUT I HAVE GOTTEN SKUNKED FOR OVER A PERIOD OF 3 1/2 YEARS... BUT NEVER GAVE UP!!!

ONE DAY I WENT FROM USING 25LB 99CENT LINE ON BASS COMBOS TO USING 12 LB SPIDERWIRE MONO!!!
    AND I STARTED CATCHING FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN I WENT DOWN TO 10LB....8....6..... BUT THEN I GOT INTO A RUT OF ONLY LIKING LIGHT TACKLE!!!

03-01-2007 WAS THE DAY I JOINED THE BOC!!!!!!!!!!
    THE 1ST THING THAT GOT ME HOOKED INTO THE SITE WAS A FELLOW MEMBER TELLING ME TO USE HUNKS OF CARP THE SIZE OF MY HAND TO CATCH CATFISH!!!!

AFTER THINKING THAT WAS CRAZY I STARTED READING MORE AND MORE.......LEARNING THINGS THAT THE AVERAGE JOE WOULDNT GIVE THE TIME OF DAY.......LEARNING THINGS THE HARD WAY

SOMETHING THAT REALLY GAVE ME A REALITY CHECK IS GETTING SPOOLED BY A BIG CAT ( THINKING LIGHT TACKLE IS THE BEST ) THEN I REALIZED THAT THE BOC PEOPLE HAVE HUGE FISH IN THEIR PICTURES FOR A REASON........

I USTA BE A CLUELESS FISHERMAN THAT HAD 25 LB MONO ON A TINY ALPHA COMBO USING NEARLY FROZEN BOUGH BAIT ON A TREBLE TO "THROW AT FISH"

NOW......I GIVE ADVISE TO EVERYONE AND ANYONE IN MY HOME TOWN ABOUT WHEN WHERE WAT TO FISH..... AND AINT HALF BAD AT GETTING MY HANDS DIRTY AND DOOING IT EITHER!!!!!!!

ANYONE THAT LEFT THE BOC ISNT THE SMARTEST PENUT IN THE TURD....THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!!

TO ANYYONE AND EVERYONE THAT HAS HELPED MY OUT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OF FORM......THERES KNOW WAY FOR ME TO SHOW HOW GREATFUL I AM TOWARDS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeRoy:cool2:

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    awsome post Leroy :cool2::cool2::cool2:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Leroy,I have watched you mature in the past few years,I hope I might have been some good influence in your life.:wink:

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you for your kind words!!:smile2:

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

WELL.....LIKE....DAH!!!!! YOUVE TOTALY BEEN LIKE AN AWSOME INFLUENCE !!!:smile2::wink::tounge_out::roll_eyes::eek:oooh::big_smile::crazy::cool2::roll_eyes:

OH AND WAIT A MIN !!!! I MATURED!!!!!

BACK TO CHASING FLATHEADS WITH 6 LB LINE!!!!!!!!:smile2:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great post LeRoy. I'm proud to read of your accomplishments. I have always said that I have never fished with someone without learning something from them. This is what makes this sport so great. We not only learn but we can share what we have learned. I look forward to watching your future maturity in the next several years. Good Luck.