Beer is Beer

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by centexcop, Apr 9, 2009.

1. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Have you ever been told that beer is beer. That it doesn't matter what brand you drink, it's all the same...... NOT

After several years of testing and a long study, I have come to the conclusion that the people that think beer is beer must not like beer. Furthermore, a connoisseur of fine beer may have a taste for something different than I do. BTW, this study didn't cost the government a dime.... In fact they may have made a little money off of it....lol

Me, I've drank quite a few different beers, I drink mostly light beers but do occasionally enjoy a dark beer. Ziegenbach and Shiner bach are a couple of dark beers that I'll indulge on.
    I used to only drink Coors Light, then started enjoying a few Bud Light. I will not drink Miller Light, but do like the taste of Miller Highlife lite. Sometimes to save a little money, i'll buy keystone instead of coors. There is very little difference between the two.

I have a seperate fridge in my shop building thet is just for beer, bait, and water. That's not to say that there's not beer in the house though. I'd like to put a tap through the door with a small keg inside, but I don't think I could drink it before it went bad.

All this being said, I do enjoy a glass or two of Iced Tea. I thought I better through that in there, wouldn't want anyone to think I just drink beer.....:eek:oooh:

2. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I love all kinds of beer... They are not the same. However different moods ask for different beers. I like ice tea also but how about coffee? I love coffee.

3. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Coffee is good too. I probably drink too much of it. I have a cup when I get up, pour a large mug full for the drive to work, and then have two or three more cups when I get to the office.

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

:smile2: Joey. Far as I can tell, YOU ARE a beer connoisseur. I suppose folks might argue with ya about which varieties are "fine". :big_smile:

I've tried a few different beers, and although some DO have a more of a unique flavor, it's all beer to me :wink:. When I was younger I could not STAND beer.....people would say "Well, it's an acquired taste." That statement has rung true as far as I'm concerned. I DO like the taste of beer on occasion these days.

I'm so glad you did all that studying and testing previously so I don't have to! I'll just stick with my Miller High Life Light.

5. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Well, I guess my own independant study is out the window if you have already had yours published here!
    You could have atleast asked for some outside opinions.

Just kidding man, I like alot of different beers. Coors Light for just drinking, Shiner Bock for drinking with dinner, Lonestar Light for when I have alot of folks reaching into my cooler, and Shiner Black for the cold winter fishing trips.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I was given a couple of cases of Lone Star once while in Texas. Couldn't give it away up here. LOL It came from Wacko!!

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like beer!!I like cold beer, I like a lite beer ,I like a nice dark beer,I have drank warm beer and to tell you the truth it beats warm water.I dont drink Miller beer but thats a political thing with that.I like the beer that I make most of all.I would like to offer to taste test any beer you have. Ohh yes I like beer!
    smokey

8. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Well Tanya, I think thats what makes a true beer connoisseur a connoisseur. If they have their own taste preference, beer isn't just beer for them...lol

9. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Sorry James, I should have asked for help on the study. I should have realized that there would be others that would be willing to donate their time to such research. Lonestar light is good beer, especially if it's very cold.

10. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Smokey, that's something that I want to try sometime... I've always wanted to make my own beer. Maybe I'll give it a try this year. I'd like to have a still to make my own whiskey too....(The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission says I can't do that). I've got a friend that brings some in from North Carolina.... It's pretty good stuff.

I guess Tom T. Hall summed it up best. "I like beer"

11. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    On a daily basis I'm a Coors Light guy, but when out to dinner or I just feel like splurging, its Sam Adams Boston Lager for me. :wink:

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like my Keystone light every day,I also splurge on a six of Sam Adams dark,or Shiner bock if we're having a good steak, or shrimp.:cool2:

13. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    FREE beer is the best beer! But if I have to buy it, it would be a 30pk of Natural Ice mmmm mmm mmmmmm!!! It's not the most popular by any means but it gets the JOB DONE and a little quicker too :smile2:

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Whod a thunk it, I like beer too!!! Theres going fishing beer busch, ol milwaukee ... and theres decent beer, heineken, amber bock ... I think Im gonna have to try the shiner bock yall are talking about.

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Iused to drink alot more beer than I do now. I mostly drink on the weekends now...When I was really young and tough that I was super tough, I would drink malt liquor:0a30:...I dont know how i ever managed that! now I drink mostly bud lite and on occasion when Im feeling fancy...I will drink Killians Red...thats some good stuff!:wink:

16. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I can't handle that Natural Light or Natural Ice beer. If I drink some of that stuff "I can poop through a screen door and never hit wire!" I'll take ice cold Miller Lite in the longneck bottles,thank you!

17. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I Like Beer, but my wife don't like it. She don't like it that I like beer. I used to make pretty good beer, and some not so good, but all still drinkable. I've had beer from a few different places, some were pretty good too. Its all different, and all for different occasions too. I like San Miguel, Qinghai, Old Milwaukee and almost anything. I don't drink malt liquor like I used to. Makin beer is a good hobby, and its fun. Yep beer is good stuff.

18. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I buy Shiner Bock by the keg and Guinness by the keg to keep in the shop reefer with the beer taps on the door.
    Beer going bad? Naaaa. Keep the beer gas or the c02 (which ever is required) hooked to it and it's good to go.
    You start keeping kegs it will get gone. Your company increases. Company increases and the home projects get done.:wink:

I love beer. My list of favorites is extensive. Most which are imported from Germany but there is a few small American breweries like Victory Brewing and Ommegang putting out premium beer in the same class Europeans are.

19. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    You know,, Pacifico is a beer I enjoy when I feel like splurging, , comes from Mexico,, Good stuff,:wink:
    also, since , It's become more common knowledge, that Beer, isn't just for Breakfast anymore, there's more and more people realizing that. Hence, the popularity of BEER.

also, beer has been helping ugly people have s&# since, well, a long time..

Beer, just evidence, someone loves us and wants us to have a good time,,,,

20. centexcop

State:
    Texas
    Well, now that you mention it, I do have some fence building to do...:eek:oooh: