Beer Hopps

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by smokey, Oct 16, 2007.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know some of us make our beer.I have always used hopps that are kind of a flakey looking.Now for some reason all I can find are hopp pellets.are they as good as the flakes?I know after three or four beers it wont make a difference, but just thought about getting some other ideas? thankx smokey

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Havent made any in a while but when I did what I had was a powder .

3. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yes, hop pellets are excellent. Like any other ingredient, make sure you know your vendor and get the freshest possible product you can. Lot of massive commercial brewers use pellets.

4. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I thought about makin' my own brew a couple times, figured id screw it up and poison myself :embarassed:

5. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    Smokey, I've been making Homebrew for going on close to twenty years now, and prefer what I make over any store bought beer there is.
    At least I know what's in mine and if there is a quality problem, I can look in the mirror and talk to myself.
    Up until the past year we were using Extracts, but have started getting into All-Grain brewing now instead of using Extracts.
    The brews are definitely 100% better using the All-Grain method, but takes a little longer on brew day.
    As for Hops I usually use the Pellets, and they are great, but have used Whole (homegrown) and have seen the Plugs from the couple of places I order from.
    Nothin' beats a Homebrew.

Attached Files:

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Yes, I agree, the pellet hops are excellent and also very convenient. They also make dry-hopping quick and easy. Check out:

www.austinhomebrew.com

They are having a sale this saturday online. Their shipping is great. If you spend $60, shipping is free. They package yeast on ice and everything. Also, the all grain is the way to go, if you haven't tried it. Man, this is making me thirsty...

7. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I have bought a couple of kits and never had anything that turned out good enough to drink..no problems making wine, but the beer..I need help..suggest a good beer kit and I may try it again..thanks!!

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    brother Keath, dont use a kit!! you have a herb shop in Pulski.go there. I bet they would have all of the malts,hopps, suger,and yeast you will need I bet they even have a recpie you would like.