been slacking on pestcontrol

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Aug 10, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    any airgunners still around ????
    there were a few a while back but havent seen any posts lately....

i walked outside the other day and saw a bunch of pigeons out eating the summer bird's bread......

got out the old breakbarrell and sighted it in.....

using open sights i got 3/4 in groups at 20 yards (15 shots )

not bad for not plinking for over a year :tounge_out:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Still got mine,Leroy,I just been to busy to use it much,I still keep the feral cats away tho:wink:

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i thought about getting a scope but i can drop pigeons at 40-50 yards and thats plenty for me....

i learned to be my own windage adjustment and i get even tighter groups now after putting some more rounds through....

its all coming back now !!!!!!!!!:wink:

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i just got my son a new air rifle for his 9th b-day. a kit came with scope and all. crossman 66 powermaster. pellet bb combo. one of my lil 5 week old bunnies got loose a couple weeks ago. he is hanging out around the garden. hes taunting me. ive chased him around with my dip net/ thrown the shad net at him lmao and i cannot catch him for nothing. figure ill wait and if he hangs around till hes 4lbs he'll be in the crosshairs.:smile2:

i took down a sparrow with it at 50' i got it dead on with pellets. bb's vary within a 2-3' circle.

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

a guy here uses it to blow the heads off pigeons.....

i had the famous pumpmaster 760 and i shot it about 6000 times before i had to trash it....

it was the newer ones so it was made up of plastic and chinese stuff

i went to breakbarrells and i can get 3/4 in groups at 22 yards ( 1000 fps )using open sights!!!!( crosman storm xt but the scope was defective )

i thought about getting a scope but havent decided

your powermaster should last you a while unless your son can shoot 500 pellets in a week ( like me ):crazy: then you should get him a break barrell....

i still hit pigeons at 30-50 yds with open sights even after putting close to 5000 pellets through my breakbarrell :wink:

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    handed down an old 760 pumpmaster to my oldest daughter. as long as i keep the seal oiled it still kills what she shoots. she keeps the sparrows under control with it, and keeps our pet snakes fat and happy. i have a crosman 357 co2 pistol and a gamo co2 pistol i have been dying to take out for rabbits, but work is taking over everything. when i get out i will take some pics if anyone's interested.

7. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i have a old ( 6 year old ) crosman 4X15 scope that came on my first pellet gun.....

my dad who was always on me about taking care of my things left it out on our race trailer (he was trying to see a plane or something :smile2:)

so it was faded and the caps rotted off so i took the effort to try and make it look a little better....

this all started becasue i dont really care for scopes but that was becasue i had a big one on my pellet gun when it came from the store and the hairs were broken along with the windage....:confused2:

i was doing pretty good with open sights but ill be legally blind by the time im 21 ( if my eyesight declines at the same rate as the last 7 years ive been wearing glasses )

i dont want much of a scope so this will be plenty.... and it always was :wink:

ill show you the finished product !!!!!

8. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    guess i dont need pest control when u find these wonderin around

Attached Files: