Been slack

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by GatorT, Jul 7, 2007.

1. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    I haven't been making reports like I know I should. Last Sunday we went to the lower part of the lake and put in at Clearwater. Caught about 25 bream before dark. We fished til 3 am, and like my signature says, I couldn't catch a cold standing nekked in a snow storm. Nothing. Zilch. Nadda.

Tried again friday night, and fished on Wateree River at the dam. We hooked in to some really nice fish, but we never got the really exciting ones into the boat. We ended up with four fish, all caught on cut bream. The biggest one was a flathead about 12 pounds. All were killed and grilled. We gave up around four am.

The cable is lying down on the ground at the #1 bridge, so I snuck in and took a peek at the new ramp. I don't know why, but I thought they were putting in a dual ramp, but as it turns out it's a single. They have the erosion problem under control. But the ramp looks pretty much the same. I couldn't tell, but Daddy said they had extended it. There were piles of gravel in the parking lot - I don't know if they're just going to crush and run the place or if they're going to pave it. They must be going to pave it, because it's not supposed to open until the end of the month, and the ramp is done and I don't see it taking that long to spread the gravel.

Here is a pic from Friday night.

Attached Files: