Been robbed skunks in Jeffersonville

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Ulikedew, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I went into Meijers in Jeffersonville for about 10 min came back out and my poles were stolen out of my Cherokee.With Christmas coming won't be fishing for a few months till I get the money for some new poles.So if anyones fishing the Jeff area and by chance see someone with a
    14FT black/blue stripe pole with a catmax on it
    10ft " " with I can't think of the name to pissed came from WallyWorld cost like $27.00
    8 ft white catfish pole with same reel.

Give me a hollar.Heres some pics I found sad thing is Dig camera came up missing had it locked in console.Good thing is I have 40 battery charger and the battery was dead.

View attachment 33019

View attachment 33020

View attachment 33021

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man im sorry to hear that.... I would go crazy if that happend to me... i would be hunting right now as we speak... i hope someone sees them and gives you a heads up.....

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Crazy aint the word for what I'm feeling all the money I was going to use for boat repairs is out the window.The theives might not befishermen though they left my tacklebox and my skippies.
    I had the doors locked but the back latch didn't lock.Hitting the pawnshops in a few hours.Maybe I might get lucky.

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Brian,
    That is a total bummer. It seems like nothing is safe from these scumbags. Hopefully you will find them in the pawn shops...W

5. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Hope so to wanna kick someones rear end for it.I guess I'm going to be stuck fishing for bluegill for the time being.Just to get out of the house.

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    sorry about your poles bro. didnt get them on the meijers cameras? if they make there way up here ill holdum for ya, you can wrap them in line and push them in the river. thieves are the lowest of the low in my book.

i hope you have some luck with this man :tim

7. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's pretty @#$% low to steal a fellars poles out of his vehicle at the store. If you find them you should try cut bait for gators. If you know what I mean. :wink:
    Oh Brian remember not all Polecats are bad.......lol

8. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Man, I hate to hear that. They probably aren't even into fishing if thats all they took. I'd check the local pawn shops.

9. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Wish I had full coverage then the poles would be getting a major upgrade.As for pawnshops in Indiana theres only about 8 and most don't take poles.Trust me everytime I will be going fishing I will be keeping my eyes open for em.The black ones have a bunch of scratches on one side due using a cement block for a rod holder.
    I am leaving right now to go find the fishing poles.I am hoping they are stupid enough to pawn em.As for cameras I had a big F350 parked next to so it blocked everything.Just showed the pole ends going bye bye in a dark colored pickup.

10. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Checked all Pawn Shops in our area no one is taking poles at all.So I guess they went for some illegal smoking of some sort:sad2:. I have this one pawnshop owner whos going to call me if someone tries to pawn em.

11. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    yea dude ,that happened to me once also,, exept they got em out of my boat at my house. i checked all the pawn shops and nothin ...you would be wasting you time ,pauls rite the theives dont fish, but they do get high...people like that will seize any opprotunity, no matter who it hurts.. but if it would help you any i have got a brand new catmaxx spinning reel just like the one in your pics, that i won at a pro bass catfish tournament ,(that i will give you) .its just settin on a shelf ,as i dont use spinning reels and if would help, it yours, but aint got no rod. send me a(pm) and we will figure out how to get it to ya.

steve

12. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    That is some people's idea of working for a living. Stealing other people's stuff. There are some real low lifes that we have to share this planet with. I have a rod & reel from both my grandpa and my dad that were passed down to me. I use them both just about everytime I go out. I would puke my guts out if those came up stolen. Yes, I fish with them. They would want them to be used.
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope you are lucky enough to catch them.

13. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Liars and Theifs are the worst in my book.... and im a fisherman so i consider myself a story teller.. LOL.. any ways i wanna come down there and put a 5oz. no roll against someone head.... i just cant beleive that...

14. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Personally Soak em in a tub of skip jacks for a day and then toss em in the river.Maybe some of those big big cats will use em for dinner.

15. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Some stores have cameras for the parking lot. Check with the store.