Been having some health problems.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Aug 20, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    When I went to the Missouri Gathering folks down there was kinda concerned cause i was using walkin sticks to get around with as MMR can tell ya cause he was there.anyway as I told everyone I was going to the doctor to find out about it.Well I kept after em and finally found out what was goin on. First I'm getting arthritis in both knee's so thanks to a Boc brother who told me about this new drug they're using,I took the name Synvisc and asked the Orthopedic doctor if he knew about it. He said yes,and made some call to the insurance,they said I could only have one knee treated at a time. It takes 3 shots,one per week,so my second one is suppose to take place Thursday.Then after my third shot they will commense on my right knee.Then I went to another doctor cause my gait(the way I walk) isn't normal.He said according to the x-rays i have right hip dysplasia or loose ligament around my hip joint. He wondered if I was born with it,I told him I wasn't sure.Don't remember my parents ever saying anything about the way I walk. Anyway I was told I was headed for a total hip replacement but didn't say when.Sometimes I wish they wouldn't wait,if there is a problem then fix it and get it over with!Well school starts for my kids at 8:20Am sharp tomorrow morning so best get off here. Hope to be talkin to ya tomorrow!~~~Sister Pat:smile2::wink:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like you have a load to deal with ,Pat I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I put off replacing a shoulder and a knee for many years.I wore out my hip joint limping on the knee.Now with my heart,cancer and Diabetes they will not operate on me for anything that is not life threatening and then as a last resort.You can put things off too long.I did and I regret it now as it is all very painful when and where I can feel,but worse it leaves me even more helpless and therefor worse on my family.Pat,Arthritis is just a part of aging.The older you get the more you can expect it.Just wait until you reach 30,you spring chick!You ain;t seen nothing yet.I love you Sister.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I hope that everything goes well, you will all be in my prayers.

5. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    My prayers are with you. I dogged the bullet on cancer in 1998 and that changed my life forever. Medicine has come a long way. I hope you have found the best.

6. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Pat, very sorry to hear about your hip situation. I hope it all works out for you!. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out.

Peewee I am very sorry to hear about your condition. Take it easy brother.

Jaime

7. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Prayers are sent to you from Philly. I've been dealing with some health issues myself lately, so I can relate to your situation. Good Luck. :wink:

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Much appreciated!:smile2:

9. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from ky.

10. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Prayers are added from the Blue Ridge...

Take good care of yourself!

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for all those in pain on the BOC.

12. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i hope everything works out good for you pat you gotta keep up with the girls! lol and thats a big job in itself! i have had infections in BOTH knee caps from stocking the bottom shelves at work and wearing the same knee pads for months at a time the doctor said the bacteria got into small abbrasions in my kneecap and it was inside the fabric of the kneepads along with sweat, not a nice combination, and like a dummy i went to the summer sanitarium tour that summer to see a bunch of great bands instead of being home with my knees elevated over my heart like i was supposed to do, but to my shocking surprise my knee got A LOT BETTER from not missing it, i guess God was rewarding me for something i did good that week or day? he works in mysterious ways after all! :cool2:

13. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Prayers are sent. Good Luck & Good Health to you sis. :wink:

14. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    My thoughts and prayers go are out to you.

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm aggravated cause there's not alot to be said.I'm laying my cards on the table here.I'm 48y/o,as PeeWee says I'm just a Spring Chicken,yet my walking ability is embarrassing to me. It's not that I can't walk, I can but it's abnormal the way I do it.I went yesterday to the Orthopedist and got my second shot in my left knee with that new drug called Synvisc.Next week I get the final one and then they start on my right knee. I told this Orthopedist about my Hip Dysplasia,he asked to see the x-ray,and I told him they were on line. So he retrieved it and showed it too me.He said"Mrs Powell you don't have one speck of hip dyspasia. Well,then what's wrong with the way I walk,and why do I occasionally fall? He had no idea none what so ever.So folks it has to be my lumbar spine. I know that there are things wrong back there cause I have seen the x-rays. I hace two vertabra that are bone on bone there is no disk in between them.I have been that way for years. So that's the update. Hope everyone else today is doing ok. We;re having very heavy rains outside and some flash flooding,but it's still a good day.~~~~~~~~~~Sister Pat

16. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    more prayers from ky hope ya feel better soon

17. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Pat and Pee wee you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

18. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Continued prayers from Illinois.

19. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Pat.I see you where I was at your age.Everyone joked about my limping for years(me too).I put my back operation and my heart trouble off for 13 years.I waited until it was time to call Rotor-Rooter per my doctor.I waited because I would have lost the mobility I needed to work or even go to the bath room unassisted.Now I have to be potted like a child like I was told,but I waited and now I have very little control of my body below the waist,which only makes things worse.I waited until mine had to be done in two operations with the surgeon having assistance because each operation took so long.It still hurts but nothing like it did.I guess I do have 3 less vertebra than I did as I have 4 turned into one.I am very lucky to have anything at all in control or feeling below the waist.Don;t wait until much of what you have is gone.Believe me,it will not come back,and will leave you si-mi helpless,a burden on and dependent on others to live like me.Don;t get me wrong.I am very well off compared to many.I do often wonder if I and my family would have been better off had I took the leap at your age.Think about it and turn it over to God as I know you do with things.What ever you do,you cain;t go wrong.I may have done the right thing by putting it off,but I will always wonder.I waited until there was a very good chance of being completely paralyzed below the waist if things did not go well in the operation.Don,t take that chance.My mother died after pretty much the same operation with the same surgeon shortly before my operation.She waited too long.The Surgeon did every thing that he possibly could for her and for me.I made it,she did not.She waited too long and her body was not up to it.Her death made me realize that putting it off is not always the answer.A bad heart was another reason I put it off.It will be a rough row to hoe and you will need everything you have to meet the challenge either way.The better shape you are in,the better chance of success.It ain;t going to get better with time!I am not telling you what to do.I am telling you that the time to decide to do or not to do is not waiting on you.I did not do anything about my knee,hip,shoulder and neck.I now wish I had.Bone and joint problems are a hereditary thing in my family.You will have to learn to live with pain or your family will have to learn to live with a drug addict and all of the problems associated with it.You will have to chose between having your normal mind and your emotions with the pain,or having those of the addicted and lesser pain.There is no in between and anyone who professes different is living a lie with themselves and to all others.It is a terrible choice to have to make,but you will have to make it every day of your life if it gets bad.I love you sweetheart.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

20. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a doctor's appointment set up as soon as I finish with my knee's. It is then that I will tell him I want to have new x-rays taken of my lower back.I was told by another doctor yesterday that I need at least 3 opinions of the best medical advise I can find,before I jump in.Time will tell folks.That's all I know for this time! PeeWee it's wonderful to know that you care I deeply appreciate your post and give you reps for it! If everyone in this world cared for one another the way we do, I feel we'd be living in a better world!:big_smile: