Been catching a few

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by 1sporticus, Aug 13, 2006.

1. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi all I have been catching a few lately. I'm using Sonny's blood. I'm not hauling them in by any means, but I am getting a few eaters (2=4 lbs) each time. I was fishing today up on the Pool 19 (Keokuk , Iowa ) The water temp has cooled down to around a steady 80 degrees on top. Later Andy

2. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa

Thanks Andy. It is good to know they are on the feed.

3. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Glad to hear you're getting some action.
    You should be able to pick up a blue cat or two down that far. Have you tried trolling or going for the big uns somehow?

4. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Hey guys
    Wife and I landed this 23lber 11PM last Saturday nite. Not huge but a fun catch. Nothing like gettin woke up by a screamin clicker. Caught him on my old faithful 8' glowstick, 7000C3, 30lb solar green Big Cat, 5oz no roll, 8/0 Gamakatsu circle hook with a large gill. He got his picture taken and put back in the Missourri River.
    Danny J

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi Mike, I got a place up around the Powerhouse that I'd like to troll. I know they catch some big Flats up there. I'm not sure how to troll, but am wanting to try it. Later Andy

6. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Congrats ,I have'nt caught anything lately but am still trying .

7. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    it was pretty pitiful fishing around here for a while. but I think things are coming around some. I expect it to pickup pretty quick here in the next couple of weeks. The weather has cooled some and that better for me and the cats. LOL later Andy