Been a while

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by Joe, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    I live in Broken Arrow and usually fish out of either Bluegill point or Afton landing. And, true confessions, I have just bass fished for the last several years. That is what my son that I usually fish with always wants to do. Now that he is married and has his own kids I don't get him to go much, just too busy for the old man and I understand that, thats how it should be. But I may start doing more catfishing as a result. I would like to explore some more areas and I was thinking further south on the nav channel, like in the area of Webbers Falls, Kerr, or maybe on Eufaula. Lots of options, going to get the old cat gear in shape, see if I remember how to throw a cast net.

Joe

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Joe.

3. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    welcome Joe!the fishing is good! itsounds like you allready know the water! as for as the trow net go to my space andtype in casting nets, many diffrent ways to trow,may have to try a few until you find one you like, the smaller the net the more easy it is to trow but the draw back is you`ll catch more bait with a larger net.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Joe Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I look forward to reading of your fishing trips.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Joe, welcome from another bass fisherman. I like catfishin but likely never be as good as i am bass fishin. I plan on fishin more of okla. other than grand lake. maybe we can cross paths in our pursuits.

6. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Joe... I'll be on the water all winter long. Come on down when you get the chance! I live about a mile from the Arkansas River near L&D 16 in Gore.

When you come down, let me know when you're here and we'll go fishing! :roll_eyes:

7. posifour11

posifour11 New Member

State:
    OK
    welcome.

these folks are a wealth of knowledge!! i went from maybe catching a small channel to catching many good sized cats by applying the tips i read here.

8. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Joe.

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Joe and Russell, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

Joe, all the places you mentioned are great fishing spots. Throwing a net is like riding a bike, you'll get the hang of it again quickly. You can use your bass fishing skills and apply that to catfishing. Catfish and bass are bad to hang in the same type of areas.

10. Joe

Joe Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    Thanks everyone for the nice responses. Yes I look forward to getting back into cats. I haven't forgotten everything, just a little rusty and interested in fishing some new areas. Tkishkape, I may holler at you sometime, you are in the area I would like to try, thanks for the offer. If you didn't really mean it and I call just say no, my feelings don't get hurt very easy I've been married 29 years, I can deal with rejection.
    Look forward to getting to know folks here online.
    Joe

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
  12. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Welcome to the BOC. Bluecat Catfish fishing is the best fun I have had fishing in Years :smile2:

13. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Joe... I'm the genuine article... I fish frequently... not as frequently now as I used to though. As long as I'm not on a charter trip, I'm ready to go.

Just give me a call and we'll go fishing. I promise you won't have to deal with rejection from me... won't say the same about the Blues.:roll_eyes:

I'm looking forward to meeting you in person. Feel free to call me any time. If I'm asleep, leave a message and number. I'll get back to you... really, I will!:wink: