Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
Chattanooga TN
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been so wrapped up reading about all the nice fish you guys are catching and the "Rambling" thread that I forgot about the woodworking section. Bryan was a really good friend, I think he was just a little biased when he said all the nice things about me when he set up this woodworking section.

Here are a few of my past projects just to get some activity in this area.

The first two photos are of our kitchen cabinets I built a few years back. Kinda messy in there right now but we like the lived in look. lol

The hutch is one I made way back, it is made with antique chestnut that came out of an old church south of Oxford Mississippi that was built in 1800. I still have just a little of the chestnut. I gave some to one of our members and he made a great turkey call out of it.

The last photo is a work station I built and is hiding a gun room. There is no way into the gun room except through the sliding door under the desk top. The fellow has some serious guns. lol
I would like to see some of your projects.

Denzil's pole barn is looking really nice, he sure built it to last.

Attachments

·
Administrator
Chattanooga TN
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Neill, I appreciate that. Today all I want to do is just whittle, carve and just fool around out in the shop. It feels good to turn work down because I don't do that any more. I do fix things that need fixing around the house but that is about it.

I actually posted here to see some of y'alls projects.

·
Administrator
Chattanooga TN
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RM, if you have a few extra bucks (yeah right) used laths are not that high dollar, maybe you can pick one up for some winter fun.

Lewis, I would love to see your boxes and also the walnut boards. I plan to go to a sawmill and find a couple boards that have imperfections and are somewhat unusual. I want to find some limbs of different types of wood and make end tables similar to the one shown in the photo.

I also have on my list is to make two end table lamps from a lighthouse in the photo. I love to carve so I will carve the stones around the lighthouses.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts