Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
Chattanooga TN
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been so wrapped up reading about all the nice fish you guys are catching and the "Rambling" thread that I forgot about the woodworking section. Bryan was a really good friend, I think he was just a little biased when he said all the nice things about me when he set up this woodworking section.

Here are a few of my past projects just to get some activity in this area.

The first two photos are of our kitchen cabinets I built a few years back. Kinda messy in there right now but we like the lived in look. lol

The hutch is one I made way back, it is made with antique chestnut that came out of an old church south of Oxford Mississippi that was built in 1800. I still have just a little of the chestnut. I gave some to one of our members and he made a great turkey call out of it.

The last photo is a work station I built and is hiding a gun room. There is no way into the gun room except through the sliding door under the desk top. The fellow has some serious guns. lol
I would like to see some of your projects.

Denzil's pole barn is looking really nice, he sure built it to last.

Attachments

·
Administrator
Chattanooga TN
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Neill, I appreciate that. Today all I want to do is just whittle, carve and just fool around out in the shop. It feels good to turn work down because I don't do that any more. I do fix things that need fixing around the house but that is about it.

I actually posted here to see some of y'alls projects.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My father in law worked at an old sawmill 30 years ago or so, in the years that he worked there, he would always keep his eyes out for special boards.

He pulled a couple of absolutely beautiful 8/4 black walnut boards with really pretty curl in them, also a couple 8/4 x 12" x 8' curly cherry boards. He gave them to me a couple years back.

I spent a couple weeks working on a Little box for him. I'll dig the pics out, came out really pretty.

I've still got several of the boards, plan on conjuring up a project for them this winter. That curly walnut is just about the prettiest wood I've ever seen.

I love the cabinets and I always wanted to have a secret room, love the hidden entrance idea!

·
Administrator
Chattanooga TN
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RM, if you have a few extra bucks (yeah right) used laths are not that high dollar, maybe you can pick one up for some winter fun.

Lewis, I would love to see your boxes and also the walnut boards. I plan to go to a sawmill and find a couple boards that have imperfections and are somewhat unusual. I want to find some limbs of different types of wood and make end tables similar to the one shown in the photo.

I also have on my list is to make two end table lamps from a lighthouse in the photo. I love to carve so I will carve the stones around the lighthouses.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts