Been a rough year for me but it's heating up

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by flathunter, Aug 5, 2007.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had a very bad year flathead fishing this spring, but thinks picked up in mid July, in 4 trips I put 18 flats on the bank...Biggest was 42 -lbs, all came on very small shad heads and circle hooks..Just hoping the fall fisning gets even better ...For those that dont know me I catch most of my flats on cut shad fresh and frozen

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    heres a couple recent flatheads caught this month by me and my son, both on shad heads.

Attached Files:

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Your not heating up, judging by those pics You are HOT :0a6: brother.Thanks for sharing.:006::go:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on those nice flatties! I had a bad year till last weekend. I finally landed a decent flat 15.5lbs.
    I was thinking about you earlier,I was searching for something and ran across some of your posts from long ago. Its great to have you back and I hope to get up that way to wet a line with you sometime!

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    John I used to fish the greenup dam from the ohio side, never did any good at all, do you fish it.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I've fished it some but mainly go there to get shad. There is always too many people there and its too crowded for me! Not to mention the illegal things that take place there,I usually stay away. I haven't caught anything big from there. I usually fish upriver in Ironton. There are some good bank spots up that way that I always catch something. Best i've done on the river this year is a 7lb flat. I'm planning on hitting it in a day or 2.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jack I agree with another post. Your HOt. Thanks for sharing the pics of the flatties, Nice job,:smile2:

8. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Very nice fish!I think we all would like to warm up.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice Flatheads, Jack.

10. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    WHO ARE YOU? LOL

Glad to see you posting Bro. Haven't seen you around in a while,glad to hear your catching a few.

11. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Outstanding fish indeed, Glad to se some ones catching lol

12. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    That is a huge fish, way to go:big_smile::eek:oooh: