Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since I got a ticket but this really soured me on to Oklahoma Highway Patrol. Right off the bat I will say I run with a radar detector but not for speeding because if you get a hit your already caught,it's more to keep me on my toes and make sure to engage the cruise control. Well I'm heading home an I get a hit on the detector so I look an I'm right on 65 ,ok I'm where I'm supposed to be but as I get up to the car on the side of the road his lights go on to my surprise. Well to my surprise he says I was speeding at 73 and I was floored but then what comes out of his mouth next was what is that on your windshield sir. Then it hits me this jerk has stopped me for the box not my speed. Back to the car and well I'm going to just give you a warning and by the way have you been drinking well out comes the pencil for a little eye test ,follow the pen sir. We are so intemidated by these guys we lose brains, I should have asked to see the radar read out and maybe even refused to sign the warning because now as I understand by signing it my good driving record has that on it. I use to have high regards for our state police but this guy really spoiled that. I hope I never see him in a fight with someone on the side of the road because he'll be on his own, pay back can be a bitch. Drive carefully

· Registered
41 Posts
Airdrop, Oklahoma is one of the few states that have outlawed radar detectors. Of the few times I've been pulled over, the Troopers have never had a problem with 'em.

I'm guessing you just found a bad apple.

I was given a ticket in Texas for not having my seatbelt on, even though I had it on. When I told that Trooper that, he got mad. My T-shirt was the same color as my seatbelt and I always drive leaning on the center console with my left hand on the wheel. When I showed him this and how easy it could be to miss my seat belt, he became even angrier and went ahead and wrote the ticket out.

I had the same thoughts as you. Better not need my help on the side of the road bucko!

· Registered
37 Posts
WELCOME TO OKLAHOMA ! Seems things like that are always happening . And when you try to reason with the officer they get a big head and that super trooper complex kicks in . idk how many times I've got warnings over stuff like that but never tickets . I honestly think its probably my truck that gets me pulled over though (cops don't appreciate 12" glass packs and 5" stacks like I do) . But it pays to be familiar with state laws , but cops do hate being proved wrong . Be thankful it was just a warning . With this economy I see them writing tickets left and right to bring in funding

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.