Beef sticks

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by bluesbrother, Aug 16, 2006.

1. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    any one tell me were i can get one cheap..thanks

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Har-Lee Rod on Ebay. Had some last time I was looking and at reasonable prices.

3. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    thank you laid back .are they like new models i really never seen them at walmart>?

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

From my understanding they are close outs. They were at one time a popular rod for big fish in saltwater. But as the intrest grew and new equipment started coming out in mass quanities the beefstick kind of fell to the wayside. I may be completly wrong about the close outs though. I really enjoy mine. It has a strong back bone and sensitive tip. Cast like a dream. I have mine matched to a diawa 5050BR sealine spinning reel and can't say enough good things about it.

5. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    thank you sound like a keeper.good luck.ty

6. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I got two 12 footers from catfish supply off of ebay. I have penn 500's mounted on them. The only problem is I'm 5'6 and cannot reach the reel handle with butt tucked into my belly button. I have an appointment with Dad's bandsaw this weekend that will fix that. I can chunk 5" sunfish with 6oz. lead no problem. Website says they will handle 8+bait. Hope that helps.
    Jeff

7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Beefstick's are $13.88-$24.99 right now online at Bass Pro.peewee-williams

8. amatuer cat catcher

amatuer cat catcher New Member

State:
    NC
    whats a beef stick?

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yep, he is one of my favorite sellers, but as Peewee said, Bass Pro also has them!

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Daiwa makes and sells a sturdy well made "glass"rod that is normally cheaper and some even like better than a Shakespeare Uglystick.I have both a conventional and a spinning Beefstick.I think that they are a excellent rod for the money.peewee-williams

11. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    thanks guys.i will check em out.

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Had one come through work last week. Some poor fisherman is gonna have to wait for another one because that one fell out of the package somewere along the way. That is one stout rod i had the handle and my friend had the end and i was flinging him around. that is one rod i wouldnt mind having. I cant believe how cheep they are.