Beef liver

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by NODAKCARPER, May 6, 2006.

1. NODAKCARPER

NODAKCARPER New Member

State:
    NORTH DAKOTA
    Anyone here sue beef liver instead of chicken livers to fish with? It should stay on the hook better.

2. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    In ponds i use chicken liver but in the river i always us beef liver. It stays on the hook alot better and is pretty bloody and tougher. What i do is buy it in the long slices and then cut them into cubes, throw them into a ziploc tupperware container and put minced garlic and garlic juice and then put a bunch of easy mac cheese poweder all over then freeze it. It works great.

3. jholman

jholman New Member

State:
    Columbus Mississippi
    For river fishing I use deer liver, its tough, bloody and cheap. Tough enough to catch several fish on the same bait.

4. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I used the store bought beef liver and have had some success with it but a buddy of mine raised a black angus beef for butchering and gave me the liver out of it and for some reason it worked a whole lot better than the store bought. Don't know why. Beef liver is beef liver. They used to claim that the angus beef was better than any other so go figure..maybe it was because it was grain fed. I don't know but it did work better.