Beef Liver

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by NODAKCARPER, May 6, 2006.

1. NODAKCARPER

NODAKCARPER New Member

State:
    NORTH DAKOTA
    Anyone here have any success with beef liver???? It is tougher than chicken livers and should stay on the hook better.

2. tehrealmccoy

tehrealmccoy New Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    I don't think they like it as much as chicken liver, but if it stays on the hook longer it may be worth it. I've tried it once but I only had it in the water for about 10 minutes before I had to leave. It was considerably tougher.

3. NODAKCARPER

NODAKCARPER New Member

State:
    NORTH DAKOTA
    guess he chicken livers are bloodier is the difference.

4. tehrealmccoy

tehrealmccoy New Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    I read that the chicken blood dissolves into the water quicker. It was in a post on here somewhere.

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    sure ive had luck with the beef liver,i find that on days the cats wont bite on chicken liver they will bite on the beef liver and visa versa.i usually keep both on hand so i can switch off if i need to.

6. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    i only use beef liver as far liver goes...i've got a 35" channel on beef liver so far this year...

7. catfish joe

catfish joe New Member

State:
    louisville kentucky
    Ive tried it a few times with no luckbut i like using the blood and chicken breast i have had luck with that when liver dont work

8. JohnC

JohnC New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anybody mix chicken liver and beef liver together? I've not had much luck on straight beef liver.

John