Beef Liver

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by quadrunner42029, May 17, 2009.

1. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    I have had good success with beef liver you can get at any grocery store or any super walmart grocery section its usually $1.50 for a pack get 3 or 4 packs and i put all of mine in an old coffee can and mixed in shad guts and some garlic slat and let it sit for 3 or 4 days i tryed this against the plain beef liver and i actually caught more on the kind i made ive always heard of garlic salt from everything from rubber bass worms to catfish baits i guess its just something fish like. it works good when u dont have shad or other bait and its alot tougher than chicken livers u can thread it on multiple times if u get the sliced liver and its alot harder for them to suck it off the hook.

2. Tim B

Tim B New Member

State:
    Greenup, Kentucky
    I never had much luck on beef liver... but I never doctored it up the way you did either.
    Maybe I'll give it another try.

Tim

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i actually do well on beef liver sometimes better then chicken liver,just all depends on the day and what they want.i used some the other day and didnt do to terribly bad.

4. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    IMO ya cant put to much garlic and salt in liver. I mixed up a batch that had chicken liver, beef liver and beef stew meat. Best was chicken liver, then the beef liver then the stew meat,. they all caught channels but thats what I noticed from it. There was one day that nothin but the stew meat worked, Just depends on the day but over all, the chicken liver got more, I'm usin pork liver right now and it's doing GREAT. It has a tuff skin and it won't come off the hook when I cast and I tried to make it come off from a cast. Not a trebble hook either. I don't usem.

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Rooster liver works good too. It's tougher than chicken liver.

6. springkitty

springkitty New Member

State:
    Fl
    Rooster liver is all I ever used when I lived in Al. but none of the shops I've asked at down here in N. Fl carries them, dont even seem to know what they are.
    Kitty