Beech fork lake

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by eric2006, Sep 5, 2008.

1. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Im taking my girlsfriends son out to beech fork lake saturday morning since hes never been on a boat. My question is, has anyone had any luck on catching any channel cats and if so what kind of bait is good to use in this lake and where are they hiding at??..lol
    Or do i just need to fish for something else??

2. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Not knowing the age of the boy or his fishing experience. might I suggest that in teaching him to catfish, also teach himt to catch the simple bluegill since it's the easiest and probably most available fish to catch. Usually with the young people quantity is better than quality or specifics. They want action rather than a long drawn out wait.
    Hope ya catch a BUNCH of 'em...............

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Eric,

Hope yall caught some fish and welcome to the BOC from So.Alabama

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Welcome to the BOC, Eric! :0a25:

Whenever I fish a new lake that I am unfamiliar with, I drift fish for catfish and actively fish for other fish.

Drift fishing is responsible for most large catfish hauls anyway. If you properly configure your boat for drift fishing, you can park yourself shallow or deep depending on the water temperature, based on the time of the year. Set your lines and leave them alone...the big cats will hook themselves! Now, get out another rod, throw on a rooster tail and fish for catfish bait. :wink: