Beech Fork Lake

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by firechief4201, Mar 13, 2008.

1. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Need info on Beech Fork Lake in WV.:wink:

2. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Best I know is theres alot of keeper size channels and no limit since its a Corp of Engineers lake.I will check further into it and post back later.

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Whatcha need in particular?

4. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Where to bank fish and what fish are there. I'm going to fish this with a buddy when he comes home this summer. He in the army and I like to get info so he don't skunk me when we go. His home waters.:big_smile:

5. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Best information I could find without ever having fished there is in this article.

http://www.wogameandfish.com/fishing/wv_aa065804a/

Says one of the best bets is Millers Fork.I need to go up there this year.
    Also if you want to skunk your buddy try for a flathead while also catching those channel cats.

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    IMO spring and fall are the best times.

Bank fishing can be tough on account of little good access except in public areas, the dam, and the park. Note: The park closes at 10 pm if you are not camping.

I guess if I had to say one spot you can get to, for summertime it might be over by the spillway(lake side) right close to where the trees start. Channels N Hybrids. Or maybe on though the trees over to where the cove for the swimming beach starts. Fair walk though.
    Weekends can be busy, night fish then, or fish during the week.

For summertime, I recommend a boat. Rentals are generally available if you need one. (but not at night)

Word to the wise, the lake is the only place I have been checked for a license in years. Be legal.