Bee Stings

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JRicker, Jun 11, 2008.

1. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    I recieved the following email about treating bee stings and thought i would pass it on to you

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks for that advice! I'll try to remember that! :big_smile:

Take care,
    Cheryl

P.S. I'm outta pixie dust, I'll rep you later, for the advice.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
  4. Pillpeddler

Pillpeddler New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have used substances containing vinegar ( mustard, etc ) and have use meat tenderizer ( look for the kind that contains the enzyme papain (sp?)) with some success. I believe that it is time dependent, you need to get it on there quickly or the venom will soak into the tissue surrounding the sting. My guess is that the acids or enzymes break down some of the poisons. I also take an antihistamine and ibuprofen if available, asap. Might help, doesnt hurt. :)

Pill

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I got that same forward a few days ago. I doubted it would work but don't know for I've never tired it.

Did recently see an interesting tv show about this guy that rids people of killer bees. He keeps and sells the honey, kills the bees by spaying them with soapy water. Sometimes he takes the bees and turns them free in the country. Looks like killer bees will take over the USA in a short time. I've helped rob bees but they were not the killer bees... those little fellows are darn right BAD! :eek:oooh:

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I don`t know if this works or not but I`ve heard this before,thanks for sharing.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Only bizzare remedy I can vouch for is to rub a piece of raw onion rite on the sting. No lie it works. Only trouble is 24 hour access to onions. :crazy:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks John for sharing this info. Will try to remember and use if ever needed.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    is most interesting and I thank you for sharing. Reps to ya Brother.Sister Pat

10. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    I always prayed that I woudn't get stung at Mamaw & Papaw's house cause they believed in the tobacco juice-spit on it remedy.....:crazy: talk bout gaggin and gettin sick... ewwww. If I did get stung... I wouldn't complain bout it til I got home. :wink:

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Fortunately i VERY seldom get stung but when i do, i put a dab of copenhagen on it. It's pretty nasty i agree.

12. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    You'd think as many times as people were getting stung around there, they would go and get some bug spray :tounge_out:

13. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    put chewing tobacco on stings keeps the swelling down