Bee Ready

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by mandingo, Apr 1, 2006.

1. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    does anyone have or know someone who has any bee ready rod holders?ive been checking them out and my biggest question is are they sturdy enough to hold a big fish and is a rod easy to remove when a fish is on?also are they easy to remove or do you have to take the whole thing apart?i am planning on mounting some sort of holder system on the rear of my boat and only have about 72 in. to play with.does anyone have any better suggestions for a rear mount?

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Just put 6 of them on my boat. I have the round rail mounts and they are solid as a rock. They carry them in square rail mounts also so you could run a square rail across your transom and it would make a good set up. Tim Hagen sells them at a Very good discount to BOC Members.

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a couple and no complaints. Rods can be removed with a fish on.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

Buck how well do they hold the rods, when you have side pressure on them?
    Pete

5. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Not sure Pete, but will check that tomorrow. I think you are talking about the rod sticking straight out the side and a pull toward the back of the boat. Anyway I will put one in and pull from all directions, that we will know for sure.

6. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    i was looking into the base and riser combos that are a Tshape and hold 3 or 4 rods.they just dont look sturdy enough to handle a big whack from a cat.maybe its just the picture online.

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Yes buck that is what I was talking about. If there mounted where the rods will be sticking out the side like the ones on my rod rack does.
    Thanks Buddy
    Pete

8. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    The rod holders themselves are bullet proof. Rods with large diameter (1 1/2") handles would not fit into the earlier versions, but that problem has been remedied in the newer ones. I don't have any experience with the risers that they sell for mounting from a deck surface, but the gunwale mounts will hold any fish that can't break your rod.

A big fish that pulls to the side can move your rod in the holder a little bit, but I never had a rod come out of a Bee Ready when I was using them.

9. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    I've had beeready rod holders on my last three boats. I would'nt have any thing else. They are great.

10. frisco66

frisco66 New Member

State:
    NE
    Thanks-That's what I was wondering about,whether they'd be able to take a smack from a good-sized cat.

11. roh1961

roh1961 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Does anyone know what angle the Bee Ready adjustable rod holders hold your rod. They look like they might hold them pretty level. Thanks, Randy

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I have mine on round rail mounts and can change to what ever angle I need. Not sure what the fixed mounts are angled at.

13. brent

brent New Member

State:
    texas
    depends on how you put them in the base. one way they are almost level slightly up and turn it and turn the holders back and they are up pretty good. the new bee readys are due at the end of this month and they will have up and down adjustments. there will be a kit to buy if you want to add to your beereadys you already have

14. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Why don't you go to member sales,Mr. T has some used Bee Ready rod holders for sale. Sounds like you can save some money over buying new ones. He probably can answer any questions that you have about them.
    Hope this helps!
    Glenn

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Thanks for the plug, Glenn - if anyone is interested in the holders I'm selling, send me a PM; I've seen several attempts to reply to the ad listing but for some reason the replies don't show up.

As for how strong are they, the 31 lb blue in my avatar was caught using those rod holders, along with a few in the 15 to 30 lb class and even a few huge drifting trees on the Missouri River... They're plenty strong enough and it's reallly no more difficult to get the rods out of them than any other holder, probably easier than most.

They hold the rods at about a 10 degree angle or can be adjusted to hold them perfectly flat.

16. megacat77

megacat77 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yes, I use the Bee Ready rod holders on my boat they are very strong. I have caught Flatheads using them upto 75 pounds and have never had a problem.

17. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Have seven mounted on my boat, deck mounted type (base, T-mounts, etc.), fished in half dozen or so boats that have them, experienced about a year and a half of fishing in various boats with them, from using clickers to trolling ... seen cats over 50 lbs caught with them as well as the one in my avatar (49), never seen one break. The top of the T is stainless steel, the holders that the rods sit in are bolted to it in a way that allows them to rotate 360 degrees if enough force is applied side ways. Agree that your rod will probably break first before the bee-ready.
    On good days, it's not rare if fishing with 4 or 5 rods to be catching a fish on one and get a bite on another. Often we pause reeling, reach over, set the hook on the one your getting a bite and leave it in the bee ready, it will hold the fish, allow the rod tip to follow the fish, allow the drag to work properly, etc.