Bee Ready rod holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by Uncle Sam, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I've been looking at rod holders and planning to build an aluminum bracket for my boat. I've planned for so long I decided to buy some. I am seriously looking at Bee Ready holders because I can buy bases to put them in different places in the boat. I have a SeaArk center console. It's the 1860 VPLD. I have a platform in the back and one in the front. So far we just fish over the side and lean our rods across the gunwale, but I need some holders. Where is the best place to mount them. Across the back? Across the front? Out one side? Sometimes we fish in heavy current, sometimes just drift. Suggestions needed.

Thanks Sam

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I have 12 of them on my boat Sam.
    I have a round rail around my boat and bought the round rail mounts. Basically there 4 out the back, 2 on the sides, at the back.
    The other 6 are located up front 3 on each side coming back to about were the steering wheel is located. The way I have them placed, and they can be swiveled to what ever direction you can fish 6 rods at any direction, back side or front.

I like them because of there low profile and with the other designs the cast net and other things are constantly getting caught in them.

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the reply Troy. Do you have the adjustable holders or the fixed? I'm sure the fixed are simpler and more durable and I'm big on simple. But I like my rods at a pretty good angle. Where is your rod tip in relation to the holder? Thanks again.
    Sam

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sam , on the round rail I can adjust them up and down to w/e angle I need by loosenig them and re-tightening to the rail. They can also be pivioted left and right.
    They are per. fixed to the rail but you just loosen them and re tighten to where you want.

5. brent

brent New Member

State:
    texas
    i have had them all on my boat i've been upgraded every time something new comes out. the adj . are just as sturdy as any. never had a problem and i have tried most others. you'll be happy with them i'm sure.......there is a way to mount them to just about any mount. i am prostaff but only after i used the product and tested it. have helped put these on jet ski's to kayaks.

6. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Guys, I appreciate your help. I am trying to decide if I want 2 doubles, one triple or what in the front and back. I also want some extra bases to fish out the side. Do you like the older style mount or the new black one best? Thanks again for all the help.
    Sam

7. brent

brent New Member

State:
    texas
    the black circle bases are more low profile and have a set screw that goes into the riser. i like both of them. the square give you the option of a side mount. take a look at my 2 boats. i have since added and moved locations and even cut my risers by 4" just to lower them a bit.

http://www.edswebshop.com/BoatsWBeeReadysBrent.htm

the standards have a angled top on the riser. you can put it in the base one direction and the rods are slightly at a angle almost straight out which works great for guys that use bait alarms on the reels it allows for less resistance. you turn them the other way and you get your rod tips up for drifting. the adjustables all the way down w/ a 7.5' pole will put the tip all the way down to the water.(the way i like it when i spider rig for crappie) all the way up and you have to tilt your head up to see the tips of the rods. you cant go wrong its all aluminum,stainless,or abs nylon. no rust. the abs nylon was pressure tested and the aluminum bent before the base broke. i have been drifting in 15-20mph wind and hung up on the bottom while the rod was in the holder and the boat stopped until the line broke. i can answer any questins you may have. like i said i am pro staff but do not recieve any $$ from referrals i just want to assure you that they are quality rod holders.

8. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Brent, I really appreciate all the good info. I've made up my mind on the bee readys and will get online and order them today. I'm getting a couple of extra bases to mount for fishing out the side of the boat. I'm sure when I get it all in I'll decide I need a couple more. But that's normal for fishing stuff I guess. I always need a little bit more. Thanks again
    Sam