Bee Ready Rod Holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by ramon06, Jan 25, 2010.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Anyone know the pros and cons of these? I need 12 Rod Holders and want to do Monsters. I still plan on doing 6 Monsters in the front attached to the Rails but I need 6 for the rear. I dont have anyone to make me 2 seperate racks in the back. So I was thinking of doing 2 of the 3 holder adjustable racks (1 on each side of the boat) in the back. I need to know can these holders handle big fish? I'm talking 60-150LBs? I need to know if I have 1 one or me and a buddy each have one on and 2 more go down while we are fighting the others that the Bee Ready's can handle the load and weight of the fish. By the way the boat is a 22' Deck Boat

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Monsters is the way to go. Most welding shops can build you two racks, according to your specks. Contact one.

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Raymond i agree with Micky on this the bee readys was mainly desined for crappie they are kinda light wait for what we do

4. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Thank you gentleman I figured that. I just looked on the site and saw all the cat pic that were caught but I've been uneasy about ordering them, they just dont look heavy duty enough to hold big fish while im fighting others. Guess I'll stick with all Monsters

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    If you dig you will find some Texas guides that use them, and will swear to them.

For the type of fishing you do, the water you fish, and the sheer size of James River Blue catfish, you need the Monsters for sure.

Of course I am picking Monsters for many reasons, they sponsor the USCA, I use them, I know the owner well, and they just flat out look good. :Stars:

6. bigcattracker

bigcattracker Member

State:
    virginia
    i use the cabelas rod holder i think there called 360 or something. its a set of 3 on one set up or you can get indvidualy mine are the quick release you just pull up on the rod and it breaks free fron the holder never giving the line any slack. i have been using mine for at least 5 years never had a problem.i've had many doubles on one set of three not a problem. i know they will hold up to at least 69 pounds . dont know if this will help but i figured i would put in my 2 cents worth.

7. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bees would work but a catfisherman needs rod holders made for catfishing. Monsters, and the others will work much better. Plus like paul said they look cool and support all of us

8. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    The BEE ready system is good and stout enough for heavy duty catfishing. The biggest issue that I've heard about them is the size of the ring on the holder. Rod with thick grips like Tiger Rods, BW Uglies, Glowsticks, and lots of saltwater rods are too big to fit the holder easily, making it tough to get them out under a heavy load.

I'd look at the monsters or any of the other cradle style holders available. There are several brands out there, and there's a guy on ebay who turns out a damn good holder for around $10/$12 each, if I remember correctly. One of the guides I fished with on Santee years ago swore by that guy. You might also look at the various saltwater holders by Tite Lock, Vector, etc. If they can take salmon and saltwater heavy duty fishing, they'll take freshwater cats too.

9. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I know several guides and other fisherman that have Bee Readys on their boat. The ones that fish the most are looking for something better. I have used BR's on other peoples boats before and they are OK, but I definately would not trade my Driftmasters or new Monsters for them. As soon as Steve releases the triple plays I plan on buying 8 more of them to replace all of my Driftmasters with. If I was rigging a boat right now I wouldnt be putting Bee Ready's on it. My 1st choice would be Monsters with 2nd choice being Driftmasters.

10. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Yeah I always had intentions on doing monsters, I just didnt wanna buy 12 at one time due to being cheap lol. I was thinking of doing 6 monsters and something like the BRs or Titelocks due to them coming attached to a rack because I need 2 racks (one on each side) for a deck boat I was gonna buy that holds 3 rod holders each. The B readys just dont look heavy duty enough but I just wanted to ask. I have used the driftmasters on my friends boat and I know they hold, we have had 4 40+LB fish on at the same time and after we finished reeling in 2 each the other 2 were still holding strong. I hear the driftmasters cost more and I like supporting our sponsors so I guess I will be sticking with 12 monsters