Bee Jay?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jmanion8, Jun 25, 2009.

1. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    So I don't do a whole lot of channel catfishing, but when I do get out to the ponds and lakes, I love using Bee Jay. I've heard rumors from many people that they've gone out of business and sold to Danny King Punch Bait. Anybody have any details on this and whether or not they are going to be continuing to make Bee Jay?

2. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I hadn't heard that and wasn't able to find anything about it. Would that make my jar a collectable? I'll start the bidding at $10...:smile2::smile2:

3. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The Bait Shop I work at here in Atchison, Poor Man's Bait Shop, no longer carries it because our distributor said they weren't able to get it anymore because they are no longer in business. I've heard the same thing from several people in the area. That's why I'm curious, I couldn't find any information either...

4. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    All I saw was their website is no more. Sad thing, seems their history was interesting.

5. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ya, their website is down and I didn't see anything else. I guess nobody else on here has heard about it or knows anything?

6. JerryP

JerryP New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cabela's website has Kat Snot being "Sold out Sorry, Cannot back order", they still have the dough bait though.
    What will sub for Bee Jay Original? I've been using that for years I'm a 3rd generation user, Grandpa & Dad & myself.

7. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    It's a terrible thing. I don't do a whole lot of channel cat fishing, so it's not going to affect me a great deal. I've had a LOT of people coming in to the bait shop I work at complaining about it though!