Bedliner - What would it cost in a boat?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by etipriga, Mar 23, 2006.

1. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    Im wondering about how much would it cost to get some bedliner put on the bottom of my boat? And also how thick. The boat doesnt have ne leaks and its a 14 ft jon and 4 ft wide. I bought some of that roll on stuff at the store about a year ago and put it on the inside but its already wearing off.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Bedliner is heavy and rough on bare feet and knees.
    Seadek would be a better choice to abate noise, be alot more comfortable, not be permanent, lighter, and easily washable.
    Cost compared to a professionally installed bedliner. Not a whole lot of difference but I would say seadek would be the more expensive of the two depending on thickness and how much you want to cover.
    It's an awesome boat floor covering though.

3. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know of some guys that have that Linex or rhino lining in their boats and they seem to like it. Like Mark said it can be hard on bare feet and knees but other than that it is really nice. I cant remeber what they paid but your boat should be similar to a truckbed or a little more. Call up a dealer and just ask. It is pretty neat stuff and looks and does great in a boat! Good luck in your search!

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Ya can get a Neo- Mat for less than the liner. It's custom cut to fit your boat and works great to deaden the sound and comes in three different camo patterens. Styx-River sells it.
    A Rhino liner is gonna run ya about $ 225.00 here in Texas.

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Do you have a Neo-mat Tod? I've been thinking about those but wonder how they stay down. They claim no adhesive is needed so I wonder what keeps it in the boat?

6. fishnfella

fishnfella New Member

State:
    Homer City
    There are better products out there for coating the hull...I used a product called Sani-Tred..works great. I will look up the address of the company again and post when I find it.

7. fishnfella

fishnfella New Member

State:
    Homer City
  8. fishnfella

fishnfella New Member

State:
    Homer City
    Sorry for goofing up...I misunderstood. I used this product on the outside of the hull. They also make a product for floors that is pretty tough.

9. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    I asked a dealer for it on my boat. If you have an aluminum boat it will not stick to it...or at least not very well.

10. ooonnnery

ooonnnery New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Heres a thought: how about those rubber carpeted mats that you see at enterances to buildings. They are a thick rubber on bottom and has a durable carpet embedded in it on top? It would be removable and also would stay pretty much where you lay it ( could be cut to shape I would imagine ). plus it would be pretty inexpensive. Just food for thought!

11. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Got a buddy that worked for a uniform co. This is exactly what I've got in my boat right now. It's ugly but serves me well. This is why I will be buying the neo- mat.

Duxsrus, I'm saving up for them and will be glad to report on'em after I've used them awhile. The uniform co. carpets work pretty good. I don't even have to remove them when trailering to the lake. I beleive the neo-mat is cut to fit the boats floor patteren and are heavy enough (like the mats I have now). I like these mats due to what they claim : Holds only 5% of it's own weight when wet, noise is reduced because it's padded, non slip grip because they are neoprene and they come in camo patterens....
    The bedliner, as some have said is tuff on the knees and it's heavy.

12. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    my buddy ducain spent $500 to get his boat rhino lined. he had a couple rivets leaking. they told him it wouldnt leak any more. well they lied. the water pushed the liner right up off the metal. not sure if they just did a crappy job or what, but he is not satisfied.

13. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    A liner will not seal a leak but it is great come time to clean the boat of shad scales and such. I have a 14' jon with a false floor that had carpet on the floor and sides. That had to go! I think I spent $350 on linex. It was not the linex I'd seen in trucks b4, this is smoother and not so tough on the knees. It has been on at least a year w/o problems and I don't anticipate any. It works for me

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have a GMC Colorado pickup. Had bed liner priced for it...$450.00, and I don't think it would have the square footage of your jon boat. I'd say your looking at $550.00 to $650.00. And like most brothers, I don't think it is the answer your really looking for.

15. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    i know what you are going through. i have a 16 ft side console and i sprayed the bottom and did the inside for 190, that is with the gun and shipped to me. www.rattlegaurd.com. the thing to remember is it will only be as good as what is underneath the liner. i had mine blasted and the i sprayed it. if you want pics pm me and i will email them to you. it is awesome. the carpet had to go!!!!!

16. snooker_hooker

State:
    sc
  17. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I thought about putting the spray-in or roll-on bed liner in my boat. I think it would be nice to have, but if I ever had to do any repair work I would have to mess it up. The local flea market near my house sells the industrial floor mat material in many different colors and any length you want. Up to 7ft wide and a half an inch thick. Some really tuff stuff and is removalble and easy on the feet and knees.

18. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    Man that looks like you did a good job on it. My brother bought one of those guns you use for an old pickup but when he used it it would always clog up and it never worked right. I was planning on doing the inside and outside of the hull of the boat. As far as the comfort on the knees, im really not that worried about it. I just want something thats gonna stay on the boat for a long time so i wont have to worry about it for a while.

Thanks for all the input fellas!

19. snooker_hooker

State:
    sc
    if mixed right you wont have a problem. i added extra thinner to it to get a smoother surface. i can email more pics if you want. or i can upload some pics tonight.

20. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    I would love to see some pics of the inside if you dont mind. Also did you blast it yourself or had some one do it, and how much you think that would cost? How much do you think i would need for my jon. And how thick do you think yours is.

Thanks alot.