Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, are there any cons for bedliner painting a Jon boat hull after making sure first that there isn’t any rivet leaks of course? I can get it cheap at Harbor Freight. Seems easy to obtain and apply then the correct pro way.

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
I had an OD green jon, on a sunny day it was hot, on a hot sunny day it would burn bare skin. I bought spray on bed liner in a kind of lite tan color. I taped off everything I didn't want painted on the inside, scrubbed it down with mineral spirits and commenced to spraying it. First lesson was a can of spray on bed liner did not cover as much as I had thought it would and the project budget ballooned. Second, take a utility knife and score the tape line or it may pull some liner off when I removed the tape. I don't recall the numbers but I took my no contact thermometer and the tan was several degrees cooler than the OD and it could just be because I wanted it to be but I think the interior of the boat was cooler overall.

Never bed lined the exterior of a boat, kind of agree with River on that I guess. Good Luck with it whatever you decide to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts