Bed liner

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by catfishcrazyjr, May 9, 2006.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    has any body ever used some of that roll on or spray on bed liner in your boat? how hard is it to do? cost?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Jeremy, I am sure someone has used bed liner as I have seen previous post on the board about the same topic. Just wanted to throw a couple of things at you...it will add weight to your boat, reducing your carrying capacity. In addition, any thing dropped on the deck will be relayed through the water like a telegraph. My personal choice would be to get some rubber matting and put between the ribs. It would cushion any noise and is light weight. However, it's your choice. I think in a small pickup, it costs something like $450.00 for a spray in lining. Your boat will probably have more square feet, increasing the price a small amount.

3. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    They put some of that crap on the boat I bought. It was all chiped out and the pieces that were in there were harder than heck to get out. I finaly did get it out though.

4. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    You can buy a kits, but it takes lots and lots of work, Its about 40.00 a gallon and were complaining about gas prices?

chris

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I Don't have It In My Boat But I Have The Spray-On Kind On The Deck Of My Swamp Buggy, Which Has An Aluminum Deck & It holds Up Great. The Noise Is Deadened When We Walk Around And It Keps The Heat Off The Dog's feet.

The First Time I Applied It I Was NOT Told To Leave The Metal Raw. I Thought I Would Do As I Was Always Taught & Put Zinc Chromate Primer On It. BIG Mistake, it Wouldn't Adhere For Crap:angry: ,Live-N-Learn, Elliot

6. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    I've used it twice neither time did it come out as expected. Very hard to lay down right have to prep the area really good. I used the herculiner very stinky and sticky I wouldn't do it again at least not for my truck. I did it on a jeep not sure how it would work on a boat. I ended up using grip tape for my boat when I had it. The same type of grip tape that skate boarders use. Just my 2cents

7. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    I have researched it quite a bit.
    Without getting into all the details about it I will just say it is not a good idea.
    Marine paint is cheap enough.
    Dave

8. okie catfish hunter

okie catfish hunter Member

State:
    Ponca City, OK
    Its about 40.00 a gallon and were complaining about gas prices?

What I find amusing is people will pay a buck for a 20 oz bottle of water and not complain (6.40 a gallon) then complain about the $2.80 gasoline. Like filtering or treating water is twice as costly as refining gasoline.