Becky's Big Blue, Chickamauga 5-31-2008

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by rsimms, May 31, 2008.

1. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jerry Dauer joined me again today, along with his sister-in-law, Becky. Jerry has fished with me before but this time he really wanted Becky to tie into a good blue cat. She's fished a little bit, but just mainly chasing bluegill off a boat dock here and there. We had to fight some horrible wind screaming straight upriver, creating some pretty hefty standing waves in the Chickamauga Tailwaters. But we toughed it out and Becky is a fast learner. Early on in the game she was smokin' me and Jerry. But Jerry played catch-up and I think they actually evened out on fish caught. Becky makes no bones about the fact that she is sometimes prone to "scream like a little girl." When the big blue of the day tried to take the rod away from her, I suspect folks several miles downstream could have heard her scream, "What do I do?" I normally refuse to provide too much advice when folks have big fish on the line, especially a monster cat on light tackle. When you're not actually holdin' the rod, it's easy to provide the wrong advice at the wrong time. As it turned out, Becky didn't need me ... it took "some minutes," but she put that sucker in the boat, sore arms and all. Then she screamed like a little girl again. That's the reason life really is good and gettin' better every day.:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Go Becky Go,Ya Done Good Girl. J.D.:wink:

3. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee