Becks Landing

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Mar 26, 2008.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    For you fellas who fish baldwin lake I grew up there and was wondering if you guys knew of becks landing it is the kaskaskia tail waters right behind baldwin lake . Instead of making the left through the gates at baldwin keep going straight as you approach the curve keep straight that road comes to a y go left or right to river both sides have ramps . lots a big nes in there .

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the info. I've always wanted to fish that area, but I keep hanging a left to Baldwin :wink: I've heard that there have been a lot of problems at Beck's with break ins and druggies. Has anyone else heard this?

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    well that figures some idiots would ruin it .

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Of course some idiot would ruin it... it would not be modern society without it. And this is why we should all have the right to carry firearms. :cool2:

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    that kinda stuff happens at rend in the more obscure parking lots. just gotta lock ur car or truck and dont keep any valuables in it. dont let a bunch of hooligans keep you from enjoying ur hobby! take a stand!

6. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    last year during duck season a couple gentlemen stopped after a mornings hunt to do some scouting for the next day at becks landing. Walked down the path and was gone for only 20 minutes. Came back to find the window busted out, 2 shotguns 2 bags of decoys and all their blindbags with their hunting gear gone from the truck. Never did find out who did it neither. Lots of druggies hang out there. so be farewarned. When i fish it, i usually bank fish from the turn around where i can see all my gear. Caught a few but nothing to brag about. Im sure theres some nice ones in there but its actually a very shallow part of the river.

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thank you for the wonderful info

8. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    I fished Baldwin several times and seemed like I was cheated on fishing time. I have fished at New Athens and camped on the river there to help fill in the gaps. It is a two hour drive to Baldwin for me. I love to fish. If the weather does not cooperate, it can be a total flop. Any spot close by would be a big plus especially when the wind is blowing.:big_smile: Is there camping available close by or can a person sleep under the stars while fishing there? I'm comfortable as long as I have a fishing pole next to me.