Beavers

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by Ethan MacManus, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Ethan MacManus

Ethan MacManus New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Im not sure if you have as many beavers as I do where I live(Beaver County,PA). But what do you get for a beaver pelt/skin whatever you call it. We get 25$ i think. I havent trapped in a long time. I'm looking to get back into it when season comes around.

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    ethan i'm sure yall up there get way better fur prices than down here. the cold winters make the furbearers' coats thicker, and worth more $.

the beavers down here are shot as pests, for the damage they to to folks' property.

3. yotepeeler

yotepeeler New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Fur is like any other commodity . The price is determined by supply and demand . It can change in a matter of hours . I would hate to have to try to make a living buying and selling fur .

2 years ago otter were bringing upto $200 with right color and size . Last sale I saw they were around $40 tops . I know of a couple furbuyers went buns up over the otter market .

That being said last season we got an average of $21 for beaver .

Pete

4. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I stopped trapping I think it was 1974 when the bottom fell out of the fur market because of the anti fur people.I worked hard all winter and after the season was over I only got $5.00 each for my pelts and the guy I sold them to couldn't give them away.I only traped one season after that and I was only teaching a friend that year.

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

they have them down in texas? Here I thought they were a northern critter. You learn something new everyday!

6. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I think there's beaver in all the states now and the price depends on the fur trade market as well as where the beaver comes from. The warmer the state the lest dense the fur so less money and around here a $25.00 pelt last year would had to of been a prime super blanket.

7. big cat

big cat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    we get anywhere from 40-60 dollars for a blanket beaver and 10-20 dollars for a small beaver

8. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    We get 100-250 dollars just to kill a beaver. I dont know what we get for the furs though. I think I have heard about 25.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Scott , Jordan and I only live 100 miles apart,and We have beaver in New Mexico also.

10. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey richard i lived in farmington for a year or two and used to trap beavers and muskrats there. i would get 25-30 for any size beaver from the navajos, and rats were 10 bucks each on the cob. used to sell them to the fly tiers in utah at the same price when i was a kid, fur quality was great up there in logan, ut.

11. weekendredneck69

weekendredneck69 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well like everyone ahs basically said...it matters what shape they are in and the demand of them...last season i caught a 40lb beaver in a conibear 220 and he brought me $14....with a rich thick coat......:embarassed: