Beaverdam Creek Reservoir

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by benneeb0y, Aug 22, 2006.

1. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
  2. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    [EDIT]

Also anyone ever fish the Ni Reservoir??? I found it on the dgif website

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I did about 10 years ago, along with Goose creek. I don't recall catching anything either. There have been reports the lake has restricted access due to security concerns etc. Also, development has really taken off in that area, so access may also be hampered by that.

4. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    thanks for tha info. i live in falls church and usually fish at burke lake since you can fish all night. i dont hav a boat so its a pretty good place. just lookin for somewhere new with out haven to drive 3 hours.

5. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I know what you mean. Motts reservoir outside of Fredericksburg is a pretty decent place. A bit of a drive, but there is plenty of shoreline to fish. Also, Fountainhead park, just down from Burke Lake is another good place.

One of the best lakes around, Lake Manassas, is closed to the public, which is a real shame.

6. ears

ears New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Benneeboy try jones point park on the potomac. It is right at the foot of the woodrow wilson bridge. just downstream of the bridge you can cast to the channel easy. should be good for a twenty or so pound blue. I do pretty good there in a boat anchored close enough to cast to shore.

7. arync

arync New Member

State:
    virginia
    I live in Ashburn, 2 miles from Beaverdam Creek. You can get to it off of Belmont Ridge Road if you make a left at the white church and drive down to the water. Their are paths through the woods and a lot of spots are cleared on the shore to fish. Caught a lot of crappie, largemouth bass, and nice sized cats all summer long

8. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    thanks for the info guys! i've heard good things about the potomic by the bridge. how r the fish for eatn? im sure not too good. also off subject but ne1 see the bridge get blown up?

[EDIT]

Also arync do they close beaverdam at night