Beaver Run Reservoir

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by arync, Mar 14, 2006.

1. arync

arync New Member

State:
    virginia
    I live in Ashburn in Northern, VA and was wondering if anyone has ever fished this Reservoir. I've seen it from Belmont Ridge Road and was able to drive back there and take a look. It looks pretty big and the water appears clean. It's 5 minutes from my house so I wanted to know what the fishing is like if anyone has been there.

2. FISH PIMP

FISH PIMP New Member

State:
    Cross Junction, VA
    From what I have heard you cannot fish the reservoir anymore since the 9/11 attacks. But I have talked to a couple of guys that use to fish it and they have said its awsome crappie fishing. I would love to get in there if its legal.

Pete

3. arync

arync New Member

State:
    virginia
    I know its a bit late but here's what I found out

Beaverdam Creek Reservoir is a 350-acre water supply impoundment located in eastern Loudon County that is owned and operated by the City of Fairfax. Access is currently limited at the reservoir’s two primitive boat ramps due to security concerns post 9/11. The reservoir can
    be reached from Leesburg by heading south on Evergreen Mill Road. Then take a left onto Rt.629 (Reservoir Road) and follow this road to the lake. Large boulders have been placed to restrict trailer access, though cartop boats/canoes are welcome for anglers willing to make the 100-yard hike to the water. Currently parking is limited to 5-6 vehicles. The other access point can be reached off of Belmont Ridge Road. Improvements or increased access to the reservoir are not likely at this facility due to jurisdictional issues. The City of Fairfax owns the reservoir, but will not develop property in Loudon County and Loudon County will not develop property that it does not own.

4. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I was out there today and it looked pretty nice. I am going to try and fish there in the next couple of weeks.

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for checking this out for us, Aryn.

Welcome to the BOC! :0a25: