Beaver Lake?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Hannibal Mike, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I am headed for Beaver Lake in early april. I will fish for cats, stripers, and white bass. It looks big/long. Any tips? Hannibal Mike

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Stay in touch with me Mike, I'll show you the lake if ya like.Let me know the date and i'll meet ya .

3. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    The weather is terrible up here today! I sure hope that it warms up and is nice when I get there. I have never caught good sized stripers or white bass over 2 lbs. Hopefully the weather will be good in early April. I plan to go down there April 7,8,9 then head back up to Hannibal. Long drive. Lakes can sure be complicated. Especially, long rocky ones!

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    i'll do my best Mike to get ya on some fish. Are you gonna be alone or bringing someone? Also, are ya bringing a boat? I have a couple. The bass will be on the bed then and it's a clear water lake so you can see them. Stay in touch

5. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i dumped 7 inches of water from rain gauge in the last 24 hrs. we are supposed to get another 3 or 4 tonight. unless a miricle happens the lake will be at the top of the flood pool the 1st week in april. 3 yrs ago the lake flooded to the top of flood stage and even most locals were struggleing to catch fish. the flw weigh ins were like 9 pound limits. i've fished beaver for 15 yrs and if it's way up in the trees id go fish truman. just my opinion.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I agree Rex, i been fishin Beaver a long time and hate high water. I haven't heard if they'll try to hold it or turn it loose.

7. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i went 3-23 sunday night after church. put in at prarrie creek hopeing to catch a crappie. lake is full water temp was 46.5 visability was about 1ft. caught to stinking strippers. one about 8lbs. the other was a 12 lb'r. cauught the 12 on my kids 5'6" zebco 33 combo with a size 2 gold crappie hook. strippers were all over the locator from 10 to 16 ft deep. by the way i hate stippers.

8. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I still hope to fish stripers/whites/hybreds the 8th/9th but it sounds rough at the moment. It is great to hear your news, because the drive from Hannibal, MO is fairly long.

9. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    Mike if you are bringing your boat you will probably find some fish. if the water will hit 50 before you get here you should have some luck in the clear end of the lake. the lake around indian creek is in good shape as far as water clarity goes. the lake from horseshoe bend to lake sequaha looks like choclate milk. my experience is that fishing is as tuff as it gets on beaver when the water is dirty. anyhow hope this helps.

10. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    today 3-31 we got 3 inches of rain in about an hour and 45 minutes . beaver is back up to 1130 and the flood gates are running at beaver dam. the ground here is saturated and almost all rain fall is running straight to the lake.middle and upper sections of beaver look like choclate milk. visability at hwy 12 bridge is less than 6 inches. fishing will be tough.

11. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I had booked the 8th/9th with a guide for stripers (Jr Adams) in Feb and wish that the weather were better. I don't know if I could postpone the date or not. Catching a large striper has been one of my goals for a long time. Maybe I will just learn about the area this trip or hopefully catch a few whitebass. Fishing is a chancy sport. It is a bit far for me to pull my boat and try to find fish by myself. Hopefully the weather improves or the guide has a good spot. Everyones help is appreciated!!!!! Hannibal Mike

12. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i bet you catch a big un. i also bet he takes you up on the big end where it's clear. good luck

13. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I fished Beaver the 8th & 9th and cannot believe how clear the water was! It rained a bunch the 8th and I could still see carp at the marina for 8 -10 feet down. Up here it is muddy, muddy and you could not see a fish 1 foot down. Of course it is really rocky, but it was different for me. Caught a few stripers up to 16 lbs, but only 1 white bass and no hybrids. The whites were probably getting ready to spawn up the creeks and I did not find any creeks to fish. It was cold too! It must be a beautiful place on a dry fall day. Hope to get back. Heard there were some nice blues too! I would love to find a bunch of nice whites some day (2lbs +). Eureka Springs is a different sort of town. Thanks again for your info and offers to help. This was such a rush trip that I just went with a guide named Jr Adams out of Lost Bridge Marina. He was nice and found fish in tough conditions and high water. Good luck to you guys who live close enough to get there more often. Hannibal Mike

14. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i am glad you caught fish. the upper half of our lake is muddy muddy. i know it's hard to belive when you see carp 10 ft deep but not to far from where you were you can't see 8 inches deep. maybe you can get back some day when the water is right.

15. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    good luck on your fishing trip hope you catch a bunch

16. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Beaver is definitely Country's stompin grounds! Glad you had some luck and please get in touch and come back when conditions are better...it's a really beautiful lake. :big_smile: