Beaver Lake?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Hannibal Mike, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I know it is off topic a bit, but I saw some "large" stripe bass at the St Louis Sports show from Beaver Lake. It is a long drive, but I would like to get one or two of those stripers over 25 lbs. Any tips about who to go fishing with. I met a couple of guides. Steve Brown was at the show too. He seems very nice. If you have any tips on when to go for large stripers or where, I'ld appreciate the help. Hannibal Mike

2. flatheadHunter84

flatheadHunter84 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I went and did that last spring it with a guy from work that used to live down there. We went out with Andreasens Strpier Guise Service, there are a few diffrent captians that run it. You can go to there website and check out customer ratings and so on. We caught 3 over 20lbs. Im sure there are alot of awesome guides on that lake though but who ever you chose hold on, it is an awesome fight.

3. ROCKFORD

ROCKFORD New Member

State:
    MO
    I have not fished the lake but heard good things about it, I think the time of year would be important.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Mike, are ya referrin to Beaver lake in northwest ark. "Rogers area"? if so hit me a pm, i bass fished the lake for years and they catch some stud stripers and hybrids. I've caught several nice one's bass fishin.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Like i said in PM Mike, i know the lake like the back of my hand. Let me know when your coming and i'll get a map marked up for you. Just don't let any bass fishermen from Arkansas know ya got my map lol.:crazy:

6. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    Thanks! I thought that I might go down and try to catch a Striper or some whites in early April (my nephew broke his wrist last week and needs to heal a bit). Maybe I could go for a spoonbill the next day somewhere. I have never been to the Beaver Lake before. Hannibal Mike