Beaver lake next week

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by GrandpaGoneFishing, Jun 19, 2009.

1. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    My wife and I will coming down do Beaver Lake on the 22 Next Monday. I know we're excited. Have not been on a vacation in a long long time. We'll be doing some striper's in the mornings of the 23 and 24. booked 2 different guilde for the stripers. 1 is a full day and the other one is a 1/2 day. Never been with a fishing guide, So that should be interesting. Not sure what to expect. Taking my own poles for the rest of the fishing. Hoping to get some Good pictures of

We'll be staying at 1234 CR 120.

2. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Ark. Cats while we're there. If any one has suggestions or a good spot for catfish I'd apreciate it Thanks.
    We are staying at 1234 CR 120. We are not taking the boat so we'll be on the bank fishing.

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Have a great vacation and good fishing Jay Wish I could give you some infro but never fished Up that way

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Jay, I have never fished that area.

5. melvin7000

melvin7000 New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Good luck fishing...I haven't fished over that way but I'm sure the guides will have a lot of good input. The lake has been up and down alot with the rains and I've not had much luck this year. I usually fish around HWY 412 Sonora, and since I have no boat "YET" I have to bank fish. Hope to see lots of good pics of the catch...

6. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Jay,
    I live close to the upper end of the white river (south side of the lake). To be honest, I am about done catting on Beaver and am mainly fishing the Arkansas River now, BUT I have caught several catfish on Beaver. I usually fish in around the 412 area from Blue Springs down to Hickory Creek. I have mainly jugged those areas. I have caught several nice sized flathead on live bream. (even caught a 30 pound striper on a jug one night) When I can get out of the gar, I have caught several channels on jugs on cut bait.
    I usually set up jugs in the backs of creeks and coves, but sometimes have to look towards the channel in the main lake. If you can, just fish an area and move if you feel there aren't any/many fish in that area. I know that is basic advice that you already know, but on Beaver, I think you can't get too complicated. Beaver is really known as a striper/bass/crappie lake. Cats are still a backseat fish. Just experiment and you should be able to locate them. To me, that is the fun anyway, locating them.
    Good luck. Let us know how you do. Maybe you will change my perspective on Beaver and I will catfish it more.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Jay, i'm not familiar with the road # you mentioned? What camp ground are ya'll gonna be stayin at? A kid that works for me has been catching alot of whites under hwy. 12 bridge east of Rogers. I always fished around lost bridge and indian creek but theres fish all over it. It has some nice flatheads in it. Good luck