Beaver Lake in Arkansas - Cattfishstalker

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by brushpile, May 22, 2006.

1. brushpile

brushpile New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I have lived in NW Arkansas for 9 years now and have bass fished and crappie fished Beaver Lake the entire time without giving a thought to catfish. I assume that the White River from Hwy 45 down to the 412 bridge should be a prime area to target cats. I was also wondering if there would be good catfishing up in the War Eagle River.

I saw a post from Cattfishstalker that he would be fishing on Beaver from May 10-20. If you're out there I would like to see how you did and see if you might share some tips for targeting catfish on Beaver Lake, specifically the rivers of the lake.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i lived on beaver for 9 years. it is one of the best lakes in the country. as for the white river , from 45 to the 412 is cat fish heaven from the 45 go down stream about 1 mile to walkers bend along the blufs , from there on down river fish the bluffs and holes , the water will be from 3- 20 ft deep fish the jams and current breaks , pearch, shad will work u can catch shad in all the riffles. as for wareagle, it is great to look for stick ups on flats close to bluffs, seams to me like the further u go up wareagle river/creek the better it gets . blue springs creek will yeld some nice fish also, there are good places to fish all over the lake . those 2 just happen to be my faverites. the streach along beaverama ramp has some verry nice fish also i used to fish across the mouth of some of the inlets. just up about i mile south of blue springs is a flat where the river makes the bend on the south side is a flat with stickups is great for trot/juglines wish i was there i would show u . u r in paridise lol man i loved it there . if u go north on blue springs rd. off 45 about 1 1/4 mile on ur rt is a house the man sell s bait his name is jd he usually has fish heads hanging in a tree . flaties mostley, he would be of some help mabey. tell him ray edwards sent u , he might play dum but hes not. lots of luck:smile2:

3. brushpile

brushpile New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks Ray, that will give me a good start. I'm familiar with every location you mentioned except Beaver Rama. I've been up there before, but the only times I've been that far up the White was when it was really, really high water and I think the ramp was under water. The last time I went up to the 45 Bridge (I was actually in Richland Ceek), there was water in all of the fields up that way b/c of a ton of rain that spring (3 or 4 years ago I believe)...

Thanks for the tips and if you're ever coming up this way, let me know and we'll meet up and fish. I'll bring the boat, you bring the knowledge!!!!!!!

4. 1ucky 0xyg3n

1ucky 0xyg3n New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Sounds like a great place to fish!

5. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    25 some-odd years ago, I went camping with friends to Beaver Lake. What a great place. Fishing, boating, scuba & cliff diving. Good to know it is still a nice place to be.

6. I_try

I_try New Member

State:
    Central Arkansas
    My grandfather lives in Rogers and has a boat on Beaver, it is a great place. Im a little dissapointed that the rest of the world has figured out about it though, the fayetteville, springdale, rogers metro is growing like wildfire. Pretty soon itll be houses and condos all around :(

7. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Good luck Beaver is a beautiful lake