Beaver - Do they eat fish?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishermanfred, May 9, 2006.

1. fishermanfred

fishermanfred New Member

Does anybody know if beaver eats fish.

2. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Sometimes they smell like they do. :big_smile:

sorry, sometimes I can't help myself, lol.

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    That's Good To Know That They Are Vegetarians. We Have Alot Of Otters Here and They Tear The Fish Up. they Have Practically Killed My Shiner Population:angry: Elliot

4. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    there sure are a great crappie home maker, find a big beaver dam in the water, i'll bet there crappie holding in them.

5. jholman

jholman New Member

State:
    Columbus Mississippi
    I have seen them eat dead fish. As I understand it they don't kill fish but will scavenge on dead fish at times.

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh brother..........That was great!!!!!!

7. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i always thought they mainly ate ash bark of the trees............

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

+22 Rep for that one. I wish I had more! :worship:

:bad_smelly: :bad_smelly: :bad_smelly: :bad_smelly:

9. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    They are all vegetarian's. They do not eat fish at all! I use to trap them and still do some. They make a heck of a fine meal.

10. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    +rep from me.lmao!

11. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had no idea beavers were strictly vegetarians. I always wondered why they didn't take my bait when they swam by though.

I have a very love hate relationship with the beavers though. I love all the structure they have left me to fish with. I hate when they get pissed I'm fishing in there home though. Can't they learn to share a little. :big_smile:

I remember my first beaver encounter. I was half drunk fishing some areas that were kinda dangerous. It was about two in the morning or so. Then bam, sounded like a boulder hit the water! I was scared as hell! Then I heard this loud screeching from the opposite bank! I didn't know what the hell was going on. I thought the locals (meth heads) threw a rock and were out to kill me. I grabbed my knife and was just waiting for someone to come by. After twenty minutes with me about to piss my pants, I started to put everything together. A beaver tryed to scare me out, which in turn made a crane screech like I had never heard. It was just too many things going on at once, with me being half drunk, and it being a bad neighborhood, that freaked the s*** out of me.

12. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    When they bang the water with that tail , they scare everything . Even me when not expecting it. Sure puts the fish off for a while. noisy dam critters. :big_smile:

13. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    They don't eat fish, dead or alive, only bark and trigs and beaver are good eating. I've trap beaver for many a year.

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Fishhook, the only problem I have had with beaver, is after its skinned, it looks too much like a newborn baby. Yuck!