Beaver Creek

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by Ethan MacManus, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Ethan MacManus

Ethan MacManus New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    This may not be a river but it is pretty long and goes through western PA into ohio. If you have fished the Newbrighton Dam you probably know of this creek. For the past week me and my buddy have fished all over the creek. Miles downstream and upstream and all sorts of pool and deep spots. We arent here for catfish :smile2:. But we havent seen any big fish at all. We have caught about 5fish in the past 6days. None of which are above 2pounds. All super small smallmouth and carp and sucker fish. Every fish we have caught has been really small. Can anyone explain this? Is it the moon or the fact that the water is fairly shallow in some parts. I have no clue!!!

2. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I like to fish beaver creek right near where it flows in the ohio river. I have caught some nice cats out of the deep end. The smallmouth fishing is really good through the creek

3. socex

socex New Member

State:
    Industry, Pennsylvania
    Beaver creek is gonna get alot of fishing pressure real soon. The new boat launch is set to open any time now. I drove by yesterday to take a look, and it was completely done, just not open yet.

4. Dethon2legz

Dethon2legz New Member

State:
    PA
    Socex just wondered when is that launch opening? Was down there on the 20 th of July and it was still closed, any insight? It will be a godsend for western pa anglers. Since the only other close launch below Mongomery Dam is at the Nuke plant and costs 75 a year to use. If ya find out drop me a line.

5. socex

socex New Member

State:
    Industry, Pennsylvania
    A fish commission guys says the boat launch may open this weekend. The fish commission has nothing to do with the launch. It will be run by the Ohioville Borough. There will be walking trails and other things to do there, so thats why the fish commission can't regulate it.

6. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I drove down to check out the boat launch, It looks really nice. The gate was closed though, so I don't think its open yat but really close to opening

7. bohntrpa

bohntrpa New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I heard the Borough meeting is this week and they might set a date to open.

8. MrCatfishPA

MrCatfishPA New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    i've done well anchored out where the channel drops into the main river for 17lb+ cats