Beaver Attack

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by orion_xxvx, Apr 17, 2008.

1. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I have had several run ins with beavers over the years. I had gone down to old hwy 36 to night fish . Didnt have my lantern with me and had lost flashlight retaining ring.........had to press together to make light. Now at that time I had an eagle claw solid glass snagging rod with a penn levelwind reel. I was used to encountering muskrats and I usually tapped them on the back and they would turn around and head other way. This night I heard something coming out of the water a few feet away from where I was sitting. I pressed my flashlight together and what do you know two beaver were waddleing past me. A female and a bigger Male had placed himself between me and his mate.I reached out and rapped him on the back with my rod. He spun and dove back in the water. Next thing I know he comes flying back out at me! Well was I surprised ........I dropped my press together light source and it blew into parts all over then I had to keep rod inbetween me and beaver and get through a barb wire fence to get away. To add insult to injury i then had to walk an eighth mile in the dark back to my car.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    that is a crazy story, thanks for sharing

3. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would have made myself a new hat !

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Or some hand warmers,but that is a wild story, thanks for sharing.

5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That reminds me when i was a kid, and had this brainy idea, to chase a possum. I heard when they were scared they would drop and play dead. Well I was going full bore after this possum, and the darn thing stopped --- turned around --- and barred its teeth trying to get a piece of me. LOL LOL I could not stop on a dime, so I cleared that possum, like a Olympic hurdle runner.

That took the fun out of that right quick.LOL

Remember that story about the guy that had his nipple bit clean off, Jeff Foxworthy told it in one of his routines. lol

6. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    CRAZY STORY.YOU JUST NEVER KNOW WHAT ANIMALS ARE THINKING.

7. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Man, I had no idea. Haven`t been around enough beavers, I guess.

Good story.

8. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Kinda reminds me of that movie Tommy Boy when the buck wakes up.If you had a video camera it would have been priceless.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I do river ftshtng, seen some beavers,but never once thought about them attacking a person.Wild animals can do some freaky things, It pays to watch what you are doin and possibly bring along a fire arm that is locked and loaded!!:eek:oooh:

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oh yes...I have encountered a territorial beaver. Never thought of them to be too aggressive before. One night, me and a buddy were fishing on the Mo. River kinda behind a dike, and apparently within this beaver's domain, and he was not happy. We were in the boat, but he circled and splashed, and carried on for hours. Had we got out, I'm sure he woulda attacked! :eek:oooh:

11. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That is crazy stuff they are some mean beavers out there, I know last year me and my brother in law was fishing a pond and a beaver had been damming it up, and I hooked on to that beaver by accident next you know that thing come out of the water with its teath i cut the line and had a rock and threw it and he went back in the water I know what ya was going through

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i would have paid a 25 dollar cover charge to see that.lol

13. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i caught one on my rod 5 yrs ago needless to say i cut the line after i figured out what it was and seen his teeth coming at me

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

Man I had enough beaver to last a lifetime. :eek:oooh:

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

That would work also. :roll_eyes:

16. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Usually the ones behind dikes are female from what Ive read.

17. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks for the Heads up on that on. Great story, what a hoot!

18. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    those beaver are bad enough just don't ever try that with an otter lol :eek:oooh:

19. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ha Ha Ha Ha. Too much........ lmao!

20. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Lesbian Beavers, LOL :smile2::smile2: Sounds like a Jerry Springer Show.:smile2::smile2:

I apologize for the crude humor.