Beat the storms?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, May 8, 2009.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Pearl and I went out for a bit last night to test the boat. I still have a noticeable knock or tick, but it still seems to run. We decided to fish up stream for a bit, couldn't catch bait, saw some lightning, and called it quits.

I know the ratman and eflow were still out there. Did you get caught in the lightning?

2. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    I was out there long enouggh to throw one pole in the water and run like hell back...........

3. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I was wanting to go out today but I am afraid of the storms

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Rat doesn't seem to get too concerned over lightning.:eek:oooh:

He told Darren last year as the funnel clouds were approaching Alton and the lightning cracking everywhere that getting hit by lightning is like winning the lottery......then he motored off in the OPPOSITE direction from the ramp!:crazy:

Me?......I hightail it off the water when I see lightning!

5. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    The lightining wasn't as bad as the huge rain drops smacking my face........

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Well i just got back!! We braved the storms and let me tell ya...it was worth it!! A fantastic night of fishing! Stitch was definately the leader as far as count goes...but i had him on best overall size fish!

I will give details later (have a tournament tomorrow, sorry skippy! LOL!) If you were wanting to catch fish...should have stayed out there boys!! Last night will not be forgotten! I just hope we can do half as good tomorrow! keeping my fingers crossed....

7. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Looks like you had the river to yourself BillÂ… :crazy::smile2: Sounds like you experienced an awesome bite, one of those nights to remember momentsÂ… Looking forward to the report and wish ya the best for the tourny tomorrow.

8. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I don't even know what to think really. There are three things that I know for certain:

1) Ratman certainly has a higher tolerance for risk than I do
    2) His leash is A LOT longer
    3) His fishing partners are more competent

If I pulled that stunt, there is 100% chance I would have been struck by lightening or got a divorce.

Congrats on the big night.

9. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Hurry up Bill, were waiting for your report!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    You know, I thought about this for a bit. You could be right, but it does beg one question. Until you can actually compare the two striking your face, you wouldn't know for sure & once you are able to compare, would you still think the raindrops are worse?:eek:oooh:

11. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    cant wait to hear the story bill

12. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    come on Bill, wake up and post........ Your killing me here Bro

13. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I think Bill is fishing the tourny today Willlie. I didnt cause I tried all day yesterday to find shad and ended up with one. I figured if I cant find bait I sure cant find fish. I had some Asian but only got a few gar bites on it.