Bears

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by zappaf19, Aug 25, 2008.

1. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    The Bears D is not looking very good. This is bad!
    Bill

2. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have to agree, for a team that counts on their defence to keep them close in games it does not look good. Then again when was the last time the Bears put up around 30 points all on offence? no special teams or defence TDs.
    The also need to get going with the running game or it won't matter who the QB is.
    It is a shame Grossman is booed everytime he does not complete a pass, I think Bears fans have no more patiance for the guy.:smile2:

3. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    The D isn't the same, the QB situation is as bad as ever. My 2nd favorite team is killing me. I'm not a Cubs fan, but I sure feel like one.

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Typical Bears game last night. You guys deserved the win!

Relying on big dfensive touchdown.

Any Given sunday.

5. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The Bears had a very good game plan and execution. Forte looked impressive and I hope he can consistently do that, the defence is alive. A great win for my beloved team even if Payton was not his normal self.

6. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    How about Forte? The kid is turning out to be a heckuva player.

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    what is this thread about bears doing here? this is a FOOTBALL room:wink::smile2:

8. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Footbal?, is that what Miami was teaching the Patriots this past sunday? Oh, I see, thanks for clearing that up for me Phil.

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Now, that's Da Bears I know!

Good job beating the Turds even thought gving the ball up 4 times.

10. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That defensive stand at the goal line was superb!
    they did get lucky, I don't think they will win many games giving the ball up 4 times but this was a good night for my Bears!

Not bad for not playing real football, isn't Phil?:smile2:

11. Bossofbeefbowl

Bossofbeefbowl New Member

State:
    Hanover Park,IL
    Got worried in the end,especially since losing in the 4th quarter seems to be becoming a habit this season.Good win to keep us alive.

12. Bossofbeefbowl

Bossofbeefbowl New Member

State:
    Hanover Park,IL
    I know it's the Lions but Orton really stepped up and showed he could pass farther than 5 yards.That was also without Lloyd.I still think we should be 5-0.

13. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I didn't get to see it in my area. But how come Forte only had 15 carries? the way the Lions are playing he should have had like 30.
    good win, it looks just as good as any other W.

Come on Phil, stop by again and remind me about the Bears not playing real football!

14. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    How about them Bears!!

I don't remember a game were they score 48 points since the Superbowl year when they betup the Patriots.
    For the looks of the highlights seems like they didn't play very good defence either and yet they had 4 INTs. I hope the NFL network show a replay of that game.

15. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Orton really looking like he wants to keep the job! :0a31:

16. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    With Orton out and Grossman playing now, get ready to grip the sofa cusions while seating down, that man just makes me very very nervous, he can play but you never know which Rex will show up on a given day.
    Trow in the undefeated Titans and it can be a recepy for desaster.

God help Bears fans now. :smile2::smile2:

17. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I understand Rex has not played all season and all of that, but at some point you have to let your team help you win games, if the running game is working why would he try to pass all the time?:confused2:

I don't get it, unless he is seeing something we are not on tv. It may be that Rex is looking to showcase to the rest of the NFL since this is his last year in his contract. I don't think he should be retained in Chicago, the city don't want him, I don't want him and the whole team plays like crap when he is taking snaps. What good is his arm strenght is 80% of his passes are either too high or behind the WR? The Bears also need to address the WR position since they don't have a #1 receiver either, maybe if they did those off target passes could be completed.

Well, I do feel better now.:smile2:

18. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Please think logically,

Rex Grossman has won the Bears an NFC championship in the past, Kyle Orton hasn't. He has had the chance to start in the past and couldn't amount to anything.

19. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    You are right, and Groosman also had a game where his QB rating was 0.0 in the past. I am not saying he should be a super QB but for the love of God be consistent, it is all the up and downs that are going to give me a heart attack.

Football is about what a player can do today for the team, not about what he did last year or the year before, even the great ones are moved aside when their usefullness wears out, enter Montana, Jerry Rice here.

The reality is that the high reward from having a QB like Rex seems too small for me as a Bears fan, I am sure the guy can play but there's got to be other options out there. Chicago is the kind of team that does not need a superstar QB to function well, they claim to get of the bus running the ball and yet in this season they have abandon the running game in a few games too soon. Look at the Vikings, AP is tunning great and they keep giving him the ball, the Bears on the other hand had a little success running the ball in the 1st quarter, and Rex starts trying to pass in most downs, and his passes are all over the place, then they get in a situation where they have to throw the ball because they need to catch up with the other team. the Bears are not very good at comming back in to games when they are down by more than a couple of TD's. They are just not build for that. Rex always has a couple of good drives or so in a game, and against a good confident team like the Titans that is just not going to get it done.

This is the time when the desicion of giving the starting job to Orton seem like a great idea in case there was any doubters out there.:sad2:

All I am hopping for is that Orton is back next week to play agaist the hated rivals Packers. Chicago is a place where the 2nd team QB is not the most popular when things are going bad with the starter, at least for now.

20. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Come to think of it, when Orton had a chance to start was in his rookie season and he guided the team to 10 wins. Not too bad for a rookie.:cool2: