Beargrass at the Ohio 2

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Salty1, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Fished from the shore last night at the mouth of the creek where it empties into the Ohio for three hours and did well with shrimp. I caught 5 cats in the 4 to 7 lb. range. Just wish I could have kept them but I refuse to eat the fish that swim in the Beargrass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dribble:

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Thanks for the report man!!! Going to the Ohio in the morning guess I should stop and get some shrimp. It is one of my favorite baits for eater size cats... Why do you not eat cats that swim in beargrass

3. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I was always told that Beargrass was very polluted since it runs all through the city of Louisville.

4. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Yeah, beargrass creek has tested positive multiple times in multiple locations for Hepatitis A, B, and C, as well as HIV. It's really not a good idea to eat fish out of there.

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I catch fish in the Cumberland river in west KY they run up from the ohio so who knows where fish might come from or go .All that stuff eventually ends up in the gulf of Mexico . Maybe I better be getting some tests run :wink: Glad you where able to catch a few ! Congrats ! The shrimp ? whole,peeled,cooked,raw ?

6. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Whole and peeled

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    raw or cooked ? thx for info reps your way !

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I love Shrimp for bait . I use them raw if they're cooked they most likely won't make it to the hook:wink::smile2: