Beards

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by ole whiskers, Aug 1, 2008.

1. ole whiskers

ole whiskers Guest

What was the beard lenght of your turkey?

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Best i got is just shy of 12", but i never fired a shot this spring. They screamed on the roost and got deathly silent on the ground.:confused2: No biggie, just means more for next year.:wink:

3. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i called 1 in for my buddie opening day had a 8 incher ..

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Mushroom hunters were pissin me off so I thought it safer for everyone if this dog stayed on the porch. :confused2:

5. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    My biggest was a little over 11.

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dont turkey hunt myself but my son got one with 10 and a 1/4 beard.weighed 23 lbs.

7. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Four years ago I bagged one on opening day, had 11 7/8". It looked like a giant paint brush. This year I got one that had one strand that measured 10 1/2", but the rest of the brush was 9 1/2", but it was a thick one.
    Sparky

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The longest I ever got was 10 1/2 I think,it was stolen,so I cant check my memory:wink:,but since then I do have a 10 incher on the wall.

9. wildhunter066

wildhunter066 New Member

State:
    missouri
    This year i got two 10s and a 8. Had an awesome year. Year before last i shot a 4 bearded turkey with 28 in total beard, Missouri turkey hunting is awesome!

10. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    longest beard on any turkey i ever shot was just under 10 inches. he was in real bad shape (probably why I got close to him) and weighed 16 pounds. toughest damn bird i ever ate! i have been giving the turkeys a break these last two seasons, but after them messing up several stalks on deer last season, i am going to be a turkey killin fool this coming season.

11. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I know how that is I had my 10 1/2 stolen by I asume a MOUSE:angry: I never did find that one. still makes me mad when I think about it. O-well I guess we live an learn.(dont leave it in the garage this spring )

12. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This is spring 06's bird. 20#, 7/8" spurs, 9-1/2" beard.

Attached Files:

13. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    My best bird had a double beard of 11" and 9". My sons best bird was a triple beard of 10"-7"-5"....nice birds,but the real mother load was the needle sharp spurs at 1 3/8" and 1 1/2". We take the spurs and are making a necklace that we hang on the wall...really looks impressive.:big_smile:Love turkey hunting in Western Kentucky