Bear Grylls noodling for blue catfish??

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, May 31, 2009.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
  2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Something is not right with that. Not much damage to his hand:confused2:

3. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    i seen this on the tv the other day. i thought it was rigged to. just seems like he found it to easy. ive heard from several internet sources that bear is a fake.:eek:oooh:

4. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I thought the same thing as you guys. When he lunges that big cat out of the water, the fish didn't move a bit. I think that was a ittle bit of movie magic.

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
  6. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    FAAAKKKKKKEEE!!!!!!

7. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    not only does it appear fake but that aint no where near a 20lb fish maybe 10 at best cant tell for sure but could also be a really dark channel which would explain the limited movement

8. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    His hands looked a heck of a lot better then mine would. He was really swinging that thing around. Shoot, I lip them like that for a picture or to release and I got blood running and the bark torn off my fingers. I must have dish pan hands compared to his.

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I've watched the show a couple of times (including the catfish one) and still don't get how eating two or three bites of raw fish (or snake, or whatever the animal assisting in the gross-out moment is) is better than taking the extra 30 minutes to cook and eat the whole thing.....I mean, shoot, he can surely make a fire with two sticks:smile2:

10. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
  11. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    My thoughts exactly. You tube cuts it off right where he begins eating it, but on the show, he proceeds to take a few bites of raw catfish. Unfortunately, the rest goes to waste. Come on dude, make a fire.

12. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Will Ferrel is going to be on with Bear tomorrow night. Should be interesting to say the least. lol

13. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I'm surprised this hasn't come up, but has anyone heard of someone actually noodling a blue cat?? Or a channel?

I can't imagine that fish in that section of the river.

14. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    just think he gets paid to act that way ,and yes i said act. give a redneck a case of beer and he will fight ya to go first.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:
    also i agree with yall FAKE:confused2:

15. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i heard they caught that guy already. he was supposed to be sleeping out in the woods in some jungle area, and someone found him at a hotel ordering room service. in fairness some of the things he says to do can help you. but what allways got me was the way he would reach behind rocks in the amazon or wherever to pull out a fish to eat. now granted it does work, but if your stranded out in the jungle why would you risk the bite from a poisonis snake for a tiny fish. seems like more of a risk when you have no access to antivenom.

16. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Wow, there is no way that is real, of course if I was going to make the kind of money he does, and I would not have to really go noodling for a catfish and still get paid, i would choose not to ...my own opinion, for one it could take hours and hours searching along a bank or under big rocks and logs to find a fish. but I have had a blue latch onto my hand and I thought it was gonna take it off, it hurt like hell, not to mention the top layer of skin that was removed.

17. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Bear is a puss he has a camera guy everything seem's rigged with his show, Rather Watch suviorman Les Films it all himself and ontop of it he is all about going green and being off the grid just my .02