Beagle's

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by bro_catfish, Jan 12, 2007.

1. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    So Ive jumped in head first and got 5 beagles. One is a 1.5 yr old UKC champion blood line champ , a Pureblood mom and 3 pups...so Ive been told that I could just let the trained male loose then the pups should follow along.
    Seems reasonable.

2. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I've had beagles and hunted with them. My female was the leader(midnight) She was always asserting herself over her brother(sydney). I really miss those dogs. Good hunting. I'd let you know how they were trained but I don't know that sensitive readers would be able to stomach it. I didn't do the training and all of the reenforcement was positive, for those who may be speculating.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ive got one but she's mostly a big olr lap dog but i never trained her any way i take her out for a little exersize and i think if id spent some time i might hav made her into a fair bunnie dog at any rate she's got a great dispositiowhen she goes the wife has already said we're gettin two so you got huntin pards.

4. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    yeah I like em , I think there almost incapable of biting

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had one in Nebraska that was part beagle and I absolutely adored her! Had to give her up though.Strange thing was,after we moved to Missouri someone dropped a pup in our yard that looks identical to her.We named her snookie cookie.She's rotton to the core,but every dog i have ever had was that way!:big_smile:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    ah yes we dog lover are funny that way aint we but we wouldnt have it any other way